• The KillerFrogs

Whole position group knocked out at OU

Eight

I think there should be a legit concern about pressure they may feel from hospital administrators and even the AMA types. And I have had medical workers tell me that pressure is real. Happened with the hdrxy issue as well. Probably time to start auditing to make sure the money is not leaded to needless and damaging pressure. We are way past overreaction being productive. We have evolved enough of the strategy in this pandemic that it is probably best to not put a set price on an action that gets funds from the government. Get more wholistic, so to speak.

this, the hospital my wife works at no longer cancels surgical procedures because a patient tests for the covid.

yes, we know a great deal more, but i am curious what the financial impact on the hospital and the system was to not do any elective procedures for several weeks.

no new knees, no new hips, no cabbages, no gastric bypasses, none of those procedures that were done in an assembly line fashion and generated significant cash flow to the hospital, the system, and the doctors

heck, one doctor is pushing so hard to get caught up he has basically doubled his work load and there is a problem with his patients taking up most of the space in recovery and causing problems for other doctors.

the doctor offered to have his patients in and out in under 24 hours, but the hospital balked because of the risk that patients weren't ready and would return back to the hospital within the magic 30-day window.

Mean Purple

this, the hospital my wife works at no longer cancels surgical procedures because a patient tests for the covid.

yes, we know a great deal more, but i am curious what the financial impact on the hospital and the system was to not do any elective procedures for several weeks.

no new knees, no new hips, no cabbages, no gastric bypasses, none of those procedures that were done in an assembly line fashion and generated significant cash flow to the hospital, the system, and the doctors

heck, one doctor is pushing so hard to get caught up he has basically doubled his work load and there is a problem with his patients taking up most of the space in recovery and causing problems for other doctors.

the doctor offered to have his patients in and out in under 24 hours, but the hospital balked because of the risk that patients weren't ready and would return back to the hospital within the magic 30-day window.
Exactly.
While it is understandable to tap the brakes on some of those for maybe 2 to 3 weeks to get a gameplan in order, shutting them down as long as they did made for bigger health problems. Some of what was called elective, was not elective.

froginmn

The issue of being forced to practice "defensive medicine" has not helped matters either.
From a cost perspective it's absolutely an issue. Providers run all kinds of unnecessary tests to cover themselves against potential lawsuits.

My dad's bigger issue was having 25 year olds from HMO's tell him how to practice medicine by looking at what their company approved.

Mean Purple

From a cost perspective it's absolutely an issue. Providers run all kinds of unnecessary tests to cover themselves against potential lawsuits.

My dad's bigger issue was having 25 year olds from HMO's tell him how to practice medicine by looking at what their company approved.
We already have too much of insurance reps and government in the examining/operating room. We don't need any more, that's for sure.

Mean Purple

So to the main subject of the thread. One would guess they have the players sections out on the field for the most part. wonder if there is any worth to having each positon group split up. kinda how 1s go against the 2s. Well mix them up and have them drill at opposite ends. I'm sure they are distanced in meetings, etc. I know, easier said than done. But until about a week after labor day, the extra efforts are just going to have to be made.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I just wonder about the whole story headline. A whole position group? I mean was somebody moving a piano with a blimp and forgot to tie the rope tight?