• The KillerFrogs

1941 SMU at TCU photo

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
What is the building at the top? And I assume we are looking to the south end zone?
Looks like it to me. The railing on the lower boxes looks like the West Side stands, so it could be that the picture we're looking at is a flipped around view, as if the image was a negative.

There sure weren't many trees around back then.

Frog92

Looks like it to me. The railing on the lower boxes looks like the West Side stands, so it could be that the picture we're looking at is a flipped around view, as if the image was a negative.

Has to be north endzone and I'd bet that is a ticket office or restrooms or something. If it were a reversed negative, the visible numbers would be flipped.

Frog92

Has to be north endzone and I'd bet that is a ticket office or restrooms or something. If it were a reversed negative, the visible numbers would be flipped.
Although if you look closely, there is another set of goalposts up top to the right. So there was a practice field up there and who knows what the building may be. Storage maybe?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Good catch!

So, that's got to be the north end zone. The building directly above the referee on the goal line looks to be a church. And it's odd to see a hillside sticking up over on the right. Weird without the usual tree cover, but then my days of running around on Campus were 41 years in the future...

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Indeed its the north end zone. That flight of geese you can barely see is flying south, of course.
The hill in the background is the old one I used to slide down, leading up to the old track and practice fields on the south side of the stadium, right?

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1

There weren’t many when I was there in the early 70s. Looked like freaking Lubbock, brown grass and all (which an unnamed person known as Mondo Mickey set on fire while lighting paper airplanes on fire and tossing them from the Wog floor of the Milton Hilton). We sure have gotten posh planting flowers , watering the lawns and landscaping...