• The KillerFrogs

Reseating question

WhatTheFrog

Thanks. What price do the reserved spots usually run relative to scholarship parking through TCU?
Grass spot: $300/season (parking only )
Paved spot: $400/season (parking only, numbered spaces I think)
Tailgate spot: $600/season (lots of room to spread out for grilling/canopies/etc)

Yellow is known tailgating spots, I think orange might be as well. You get the parking space in the paved lot or the grassy area, plus all of the paved area south to the building. It's a lot of space to use and it never gets crazy. Very laid back tailgating.

tgate.jpg

hometown frog

We picked yesterday afternoon. Like others I had thoughts to ‘go wild’ and jump somewhere else In the stadium and pick some random seats for a different view. However habits are hard to break. Picked seats in our current section (214) just got down to the front row.
Now to see how the next couple of weeks go.
I still think every season ticket account will have a chance to buy at least two seats. Lots of deferrals and lots of reduced seat qty will help spread the 12k out to a lot of PP holders.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Our time is early this afternoon. On my end, and I have tried it on two different Macs and an Apple laptop, the selection site works using Safari and Firefox browsers but not Chrome. I am probably the only one experiencing this, but ... at least I have been able to watch and have my eye on the seats I want.

Spike

It's not all that hard. As long as the usher has four fingers and a thumb on a hand, they'll be able to tell if people are in the wrong spot. Just count the size of the group on your hand. If you get to the thumb, someone is not in the right spot. If groups seem too close to each other, someone is not in the right spot.

Nobody told me there would be math involved.

netty2424

I assume they'll have the Ushers do it, just like every other game. It's not like I could just cruise to the open seats in Section 105 last year.
Those ushers don’t do [ Finebaum ]. There is no way they’ll be able to police that. They’ll have to cover the seat somehow.

Bob Sugar

Moving on up, yea moving on up...to the West Side... the lower bowl seats a mile wide...

My kids are going to be pumped when they see our new seats, even if for just one season:
2kPc.gif

tcumaniac

Moving on up, yea moving on up...to the West Side... the lower bowl seats a mile wide...

My kids are going to be pumped when they see our new seats, even if for just one season:
2kPc.gif
How many of those premium lower bowl seats were left? I assume slim pickings by now.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Just finished selecting. Still good inventory available. I improved from my normal seat location.

Even some premium west side lower bowl seats remain... just couldn't justify the $750 or $550 donation for a half baked season.

Okay, maniac.

You've been bitching for years about the lack of diehard TCU fans in the lower bowl seats.

This week you had your chance to be part of the solution. And you failed to step up.

Henceforth and forevermore, you have lost any credibility regarding stadium seating.

Bob Sugar

Okay, maniac.

You've been bitching for years about the lack of diehard TCU fans in the lower bowl seats.

This week you had your chance to be part of the solution. And you failed to step up.

Henceforth and forevermore, you have lost any credibility regarding stadium seating.
tenor.gif

Big Frog II

Okay, maniac.

He had credibility?

tcumaniac

Okay, maniac.

Give me a break.

Under normal circumstances I absolutely would have jumped on those seats and gladly paid the premium to sit there while not missing a single snap and cheering my ass off every game.

However, this is a half baked season where a majority of fans, even diehards, have packed it in for the season and decided to opt out and not even attempt to attend games. Buying seats there this year wouldn't have been a part of any kind of solution like you disingenuously imply. That section, at best, will still only be partiality occupied this year due to social distancing requirements, and moving forward to 2021 and beyond, the same exact problems will still exist (in case you're not aware, this seat selection process is for one year only).

My biggest complaint has always been that the people that buy those premium seats under normal circumstances should at least have the intention of using those seats. That's always been our biggest problem with that section. Many people that own seats in the premium west side lower bowl never intend to actually use their seats because they also own club seats or suites elsewhere that they sit in during games instead, often leaving so many of those premium seats behind the team bench unoccupied.

Lastly, due to the last second schedule change, many home games are now during weekends that were supposed to be away games. Due to weddings and already booked travel that were originally scheduled around not missing home games, I will now have to miss a couple home games this season. Buying premium seats behind the bench for games I knew I won't be able attend wouldn't have been a part of any kind of solution either.

In conclusion, your comment is extremely disingenuous and completely dismisses the reality of this year versus future seasons.

Last edited:

NORMLFROG

Give me a break.

Under normal circumstances I absolutely would have jumped on those seats and gladly paid the premium to sit there while not missing a single snap and cheering my ass off every game.

However, this is a half baked season where a majority of fans, even diehards, have packed it in for the season and decided to opt out and not even attempt to attend games. Buying seats there this year wouldn't have been a part of any kind of solution like you disingenuously imply. That section, at best, will still only be partiality occupied this year due to social distancing requirements, and moving forward to 2021 and beyond, the same exact problems will still exist (in case you're not aware, this seat selection process is for one year only).

My biggest complaint has always been that the people that buy those premium seats under normal circumstances should at least have the intention of using those seats. That's always been our biggest problem with that section. Many people that own seats in the premium west side lower bowl never intend to actually use their seats because they also own club seats or suites elsewhere that they sit in during games instead, often leaving so many of those premium seats behind the team bench unoccupied.

Lastly, due to the last second schedule change, many home games are now during weekends that were supposed to be away games. Due to weddings and already booked travel that were originally scheduled around not missing home games, I will now have to miss a couple home games this season. Buying premium seats behind the bench for games I knew I won't be able attend wouldn't have been a part of any kind of solution either.

In conclusion, your comment is extremely disingenuous and completely dismisses the reality of this year versus future seasons.
I think maybe what he's saying is that maybe you should just worry about your own side of the street and spend less time lecturing everybody else as to what makes a TCU alum/fan loyal.

NF

tcumaniac

In this "half baked season" with fewer fans in the stands, wouldn't it be better if the self-acknowledged BEST TCU FAN EVER was sitting behind the team bench cheering them on.

I will hold you personally responsible for each home loss.
I've never once claimed to be the "best tcu fan ever." You continue to operate under false and disingenuous narratives and assumed motives.

We have an obvious problem with our premium lower bowl attendance during normal seasons. I genuinely care about our football program and our home field advantage and apparently am one of the few willing to acknowledge and address a blatant issue that very tangibly affects our home field advantage and recruiting.

You continue to falsely and lazily claim that I had an opportunity to be part of a solution. Me buying seats in that section for one season wouldn't have been part of any solution at all. If I had purchased seats in that location knowing I had to miss games this season, I would have simply furthered the problem. Even if I bought seats there and gave them away for the games I have to miss, I would have been taking up premium seats from other season tickets holders that deserve access to them more than my friends that I would have given the seats to.

If we really wanted to work towards a solution, it would involve finding ways to better ensure in future non-covid years that the few premium seats available behind our team bench were being purchased by people that actually intended to use them... it's not an easy process, but it is my understanding that ADJD and TCU are slowly working towards that, which I am thankful for.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Did our selections just before 1 p.m. Moved our four Eastside seats a couple of sections over to midfield, still lower half of the deck. Good seats/view. Would like to keep those.