• The KillerFrogs

Reseating question

LeagueCityFrog

The way this thing is going to work is that non-suite, non-loge ticket holders will have their two, four, or six tickets together in their approximate portion of the stadium, then six feet of seats on both sides them in that same row, then no one seated behind or in front of them in the adjacent above and below rows. That pattern will be repeated until the stadium has 12,000 occupied seats. End of thread. Go Frogs and Go Downing!

FrogbyChoice

I was clarifying picking an individual seat on one row and another on another row would they enforce me sitting in my own seat?

“Well we set it up to adhere t social distancing.” I would be sitting right beside someone I don’t know when there are a number of seats unoccupied on the row where my other seat is located???

CLICK and the ticket office hung up on me. I know they are getting a number of calls and talk to people who are frustrated for any number of reasons but to hang up on me. Not a good move.

Bob Sugar

I was clarifying picking an individual seat on one row and another on another row would they enforce me sitting in my own seat?

“Well we set it up to adhere t social distancing.” I would be sitting right beside someone I don’t know when there are a number of seats unoccupied on the row where my other seat is located???

CLICK and the ticket office hung up on me. I know they are getting a number of calls and talk to people who are frustrated for any number of reasons but to hang up on me. Not a good move.
Why would you buy single seats in different row and then try to sit together?

FrogbyChoice

There are already single seats available in the groups of 4 where another group has bought just 3. Then in another location you would have 10 red seats. I’d be buying in the same section but not necessarily on the same row.

Dogfrog

Sorry if already discussed, but how do they plan to police the spacing? Are the red seats going to be covered with something or is every game going to be a land rush to the best red seats?

Bob Sugar

Sorry if already discussed, but how do they plan to police the spacing? Are the red seats going to be covered with something or is every game going to be a land rush to the best red seats?
I assume they'll have the Ushers do it, just like every other game. It's not like I could just cruise to the open seats in Section 105 last year.

Dogfrog

I assume they'll have the Ushers do it, just like every other game. It's not like I could just cruise to the open seats in Section 105 last year.

I dont cruise for seats but it’s pretty common. Maybe at 12000 seats it’s easier to police. This year it’s not just cruising it’s also social distancing - which is the point of the whole thing.

FrogbyChoice

And that is my point the ushers aren’t going to know the exact layout and whether you are in the correct seats. I would assume they would want to breakup larger groups. If your a couple seats off f what you should be there would be no incentive to do anything.

TCURiggs

x8l.gif

Shorty

And that is my point the ushers aren’t going to know the exact layout and whether you are in the correct seats. I would assume they would want to breakup larger groups. If your a couple seats off f what you should be there would be no incentive to do anything.
So don't ask the ticket office if you can break the rules (as stupid as they may be). Obviously they're not going to say it's okay. Just show up and sit where you think is reasonable. If it looks reasonable you'll likely be left alone.

Bob Sugar

It's not all that hard. As long as the usher has four fingers and a thumb on a hand, they'll be able to tell if people are in the wrong spot. Just count the size of the group on your hand. If you get to the thumb, someone is not in the right spot. If groups seem too close to each other, someone is not in the right spot.

WhatTheFrog

I'm opting out this season (selection time in 2 hours). I'm also opting out of my non-TCU parking over at Alice Carlson. I thought I'd ask what the plan was for parkers this year and the tailgate situation while I had their attention. What they told me was "We will be offering the extra spots this year as cash parking. They just need to remember that we are not responsible for their actions and are not responsible if COVID is spread through their actions." Not sure what the cash parking rate is, but cheap enough to be worth it if you want to tailgate. Put your alcohol in koozies or cups so you aren't advertising it and you're good to go. No toilet facilities (I always provided my own). They open 3 hours prior to gametime and you can stay as late after as you want. If you get my spot, there's a covered deck with electricity.

just thought I'd give this info in case anyone's interested. Don't know if it's appropriate here or not.

tcumaniac

I'm opting out this season (selection time in 2 hours). I'm also opting out of my non-TCU parking over at Alice Carlson. I thought I'd ask what the plan was for parkers this year and the tailgate situation while I had their attention. What they told me was "We will be offering the extra spots this year as cash parking. They just need to remember that we are not responsible for their actions and are not responsible if COVID is spread through their actions." Not sure what the cash parking rate is, but cheap enough to be worth it if you want to tailgate. Put your alcohol in koozies or cups so you aren't advertising it and you're good to go. No toilet facilities (I always provided my own). They open 3 hours prior to gametime and you can stay as late after as you want. If you get my spot, there's a covered deck with electricity.

just thought I'd give this info in case anyone's interested. Don't know if it's appropriate here or not.
How does parking at Alice Carlson usually work? Do you buy a reserved spot through them?

tcumaniac

Just finished selecting. Still good inventory available. I improved from my normal seat location.

Even some premium west side lower bowl seats remain... just couldn't justify the $750 or $550 donation for a half baked season.

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
Just finished selecting. Still good inventory available. I improved from my normal seat location.

Even some premium west side lower bowl seats remain... just couldn't justify the $750 or $550 donation for a half baked season.

Yeah...my reaction when I saw that amount:

giphy.gif
:

Bob Sugar

Here's where we stand. Two sections (105 and 107) are full. 106 is down to two singles. 102 has a couple of sets of doubles. 101, 108, and 109 all have multiple sets of 4 still available. It is kind of interesting to see people's thought process. Several Groups have picked seats up in the Westside 300s and 400s and in every section on the East Side.. There's even been seats selected in the N End Zone.

upload_2020-8-25_19-40-21.png

Big Frog II

Moved over one section from 109 to 108 second row aisle seats. There’s a row behind us but it’s empty. Easy in and out for beer and restrooms.
You have hit on something. You won't have to crawl over a bunch of people to get to the concession stand are restrooms. Shouldn't miss a play as long as those darn commercial breaks are now a day.