• The KillerFrogs

Stanford QB Davis Mills to TCU (link)

Mean Purple

I would just ride it out with who we have.
Side question: I know the NCAA put out the waiver where everybody gets another year (this year won't count against them), and another year to finish out their four. (yeah, crappy description, but I'm guessing folks know what I mean.) So, have they done anything in the way of granting everybody an automatic eligible to play if they transfer from a school that shut it down this year?

Mean Purple

I agree Duggan is back real soon. He might even be on the sideline not playing against SMU. But he should be able to play soon after that. His treatment is it is an ablation will not take very long to heal. He should not miss that many games.
PC, is that what folks are thinking it may have been, the abnormal rhythm for the elec. signal? Assuming I am even close to remembering what a cardiac ablation is.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Side question: I know the NCAA put out the waiver where everybody gets another year (this year won't count against them), and another year to finish out their four. (yeah, crappy description, but I'm guessing folks know what I mean.) So, have they done anything in the way of granting everybody an automatic eligible to play if they transfer from a school that shut it down this year?
If they are waving their magic wand and saying, "This Year Doesn't Count" and all the Seniors, Juniors, etc., get an extra year, then what do we do about the herd of incoming Freshmen? The scholarship limits were set up with certain temporal parameters in mind, and now those have been blown up. Like Schloss' issue with public/private cost differentials and the inherent advantage this gives Big State v. Little TCU, what will this do down the line?

Mean Purple

Thanks Pharm Frog good video. So for the non-pharm D's or docs out there monoclonal antibodies block the bidding sites of the viruses and keep them from entering the cells so they can not replicate and go on to infect many more cells. The plasma being approve for us today does much the same thing but since it is derived from recovering patients it is not a pure colony of cells. It is hoped that pure colonies made in the lab would actually do a much better job.
Neither the use of plasma or monoclonal antibodies is new or controversial. In fact the monoclonal antibodies are already approved in other therapies. Millions of dosages could be made very fast.
If the trials now going on on the elderly are successful virtually over night treatment for those in the hospital would radically improve. It would be an excellent bridge to a vaccine.
How long until they know if it is successful?

Froginbedford

Maybe it depends on how long Max is expected to be out. If he could miss half our conference games, I'd say TCU tries to find an experienced starter. Don't waste a year when OU may take a step back and we get them at home.

Does Oklahoma ever really take a step back? The one year TCU beat the Sooners (2014) was a sterling year for the Frogs...equal in talent to OU and a pick six that won the game and a defense that stopped OU on its last posession....Otherwise, OU was OU....

FrogCop19

I agree Duggan is back real soon. He might even be on the sideline not playing against SMU. But he should be able to play soon after that. His treatment is it is an ablation will not take very long to heal. He should not miss that many games.
I am pretty much going to auto-like anything you post.

LisaLT

If they are waving their magic wand and saying, "This Year Doesn't Count" and all the Seniors, Juniors, etc., get an extra year, then what do we do about the herd of incoming Freshmen? The scholarship limits were set up with certain temporal parameters in mind, and now those have been blown up. Like Schloss' issue with public/private cost differentials and the inherent advantage this gives Big State v. Little TCU, what will this do down the line?
I would think many of the best juniors and seniors who have NFL aspirations would still be leaving and declaring for the draft. I doubt they would stick around for another year. I see your point though and perhaps scholarship limits have to be adjusted in 2021 and 2022 for that reason.

Froginbedford

I don't know if they went by "Indians" but their mascot was an indian.

Yes, the Stanford teams were known as "the Indians"....The school was woke way back in the 1970s when Russell Means and the American Indian Movement were active...occupying Alcatraz at one point because it had been tribal land before white settlement in the bay area....Cheerleaders' uniforms had an Indian-theme design....Band played music that sounded "Indian"....

helcap

I’ve sold a few mAb’s including a PCSK9 Inhibitor. I’ve also worked with one of the companies that is in Phase 3 mAb trial presently for a COVID-blocking mAb. While I’m not involved at all in that, I do know a bit about mAb’s in general and how they work. Here’s a link to a 2:30m video that explains how a PCSK9 inhibitor works to reduce cholesterol. I imagine that the mAbs being researched for COVID would work by binding to a receptor site on the virus and preventing it from entering cells or attaching to them. mAbs are lab generated proteins that mimic ones that are naturally occurring. The video will demonstrate how a mAb works on an LDL receptor.

mAb looked better in the HUDL highlights

froghair

Thank you captain obvious. I bet 99% of the cfb fans and TCU grads on here know that But like The Cleveland Browns (Paul Brown) when you play a group or team it’s common to refer in plural form Cardinals (Cardinal red).
side note I have friend who was their mascot
What kind of tree would he be?

Froggish

A Grad Transfer would need to get in here in the next few days and I don’t see it happening. If it does, it likely won’t be a guy coming in to do any but provide depth behind Downing. We are in hold your hat until Max returns mode. We should enjoy the underdog storyline.

cheese83

The odds of any transfer coming to TCU are slim at best. I expect Duggan will miss a few games but doubt that they bring anyone in.

Coaches cannot go after any player at another school. They must be contacted by the players or reps.
I thought if the kid is listed in the portal then they can contact him?

Eight

Looking more and more like Goo and Wyoming are the same person

wait, there are people who posts under multiple user profiles?

tenor.gif

Goo

Except that Goo joined 13 years ago and has 10,000+ posts on here. Click on my info (down arrow by avatar)

Unless you think I spent the last 13 years and 10,000 posts just as an elaborate hoax to build fake credibility for my main account, Wyomingfrog….. ah the crime of the century and it only took me a little over a decade of regular posts to fool you!