• The KillerFrogs

WFAA: TCU says 69 students, 1 staff member have tested positive for COVID-19

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
WFAA: TCU says 69 students, 1 staff member have tested positive for COVID-19

There have been 69 students and one employee who have tested positive for COVID-19 at Texas Christian University, officials said.

Classes began on Monday and 51 of those students and the one staff member who tested positive were on campus within two days of the onset of symptoms or receiving a positive test result officials said.

Read more at https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/e...d-19/287-333103a2-05c3-4872-a627-8474fd2fcf0a

TCUdirtbag

So about exactly what anyone should have expected.

Yep—or lower! These numbers are so stripped of context we have no idea what they really represent. But these numbers are anything but concerning IMO. Schools should release the numbers of kids that test positive for flu in their clinics every year.

Based on statistics, maybe 1 of them will be sick enough to merit a hospital visit. Maybe.

IMO we should be talking about this in terms of hospital beds, ICU beds, and deaths. Not raw cases or even positive test rates.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Would like to know if any of the student cases resulted in serious illness/hospitalization though infection is infection and typically leads to more spread.

HToady

Professor friend of mine showed me the daily stats on # of cases, recoveries, et. al. at TCU.

Remarkably, to me, the number of students living off campus that have contracted corona virus was double of that living on campus. I guess I thought that those off campus were in contact with less people, living quietly in their apartments, and the ones on campus were tearing down the halls having orgies and parties. I guess I was wrong in my perception of what goes on.....

Eight

357 active student cases and only 3 active employee cases.

This continues a very positive trend, IMO. If they can keep student hospitalizations down at or near 0 and employee cases very low, they’ll be able to push through the student spike.

https://www.tcu.edu/connected-campus/covid-19/case-count.php
^they update daily by 9 am

wait, actually go on with life in a smart manner?

appreciate the updates and it will be interesting to watch this progress

Paul in uhh

Professor friend of mine showed me the daily stats on # of cases, recoveries, et. al. at TCU.

Remarkably, to me, the number of students living off campus that have contracted corona virus was double of that living on campus. I guess I thought that those off campus were in contact with less people, living quietly in their apartments, and the ones on campus were tearing down the halls having orgies and parties. I guess I was wrong in my perception of what goes on.....
All the orgies I went to were off campus

robbroyy

357 active student cases and only 3 active employee cases.

This continues a very positive trend, IMO. If they can keep student hospitalizations down at or near 0 and employee cases very low, they’ll be able to push through the student spike.

https://www.tcu.edu/connected-campus/covid-19/case-count.php
^they update daily by 9 am
TCU sent an email that they are at 42% capacity for isolation beds. That’s the big problem. Hopefully starting next week kids that are using them, come out of isolation to free up bed space.

This is going to be the big spike and don’t know if supply will meet demand at the top.

TCURiggs

All the orgies I went to were off campus

SarcasticMessyFruitbat-size_restricted.gif

Latest posts