• The KillerFrogs

Stanford QB Davis Mills to TCU (link)

Goo

Like the 66% completion rate. Is a 144.5 rating good?

Great question. I heard the issue was his OL and not having time to throw plus getting injured. Maybe someone can expand on how many times he was knocked down, sacked, hurried? I think it’s a great match having a talented QB come into team with solid players at all spots. I haven’t heard anything since my initial post.

Goo

CryptoMiner

The odds of any transfer coming to TCU are slim at best. I expect Duggan will miss a few games but doubt that they bring anyone in.

Coaches cannot go after any player at another school. They must be contacted by the players or reps.

ShreveFrog

Maybe it depends on how long Max is expected to be out. If he could miss half our conference games, I'd say TCU tries to find an experienced starter. Don't waste a year when OU may take a step back and we get them at home.

Pharm Frog

Cliff notes summary please

I’ve sold a few mAb’s including a PCSK9 Inhibitor. I’ve also worked with one of the companies that is in Phase 3 mAb trial presently for a COVID-blocking mAb. While I’m not involved at all in that, I do know a bit about mAb’s in general and how they work. Here’s a link to a 2:30m video that explains how a PCSK9 inhibitor works to reduce cholesterol. I imagine that the mAbs being researched for COVID would work by binding to a receptor site on the virus and preventing it from entering cells or attaching to them. mAbs are lab generated proteins that mimic ones that are naturally occurring. The video will demonstrate how a mAb works on an LDL receptor.

Palliative Care

Thanks Pharm Frog good video. So for the non-pharm D's or docs out there monoclonal antibodies block the bidding sites of the viruses and keep them from entering the cells so they can not replicate and go on to infect many more cells. The plasma being approve for us today does much the same thing but since it is derived from recovering patients it is not a pure colony of cells. It is hoped that pure colonies made in the lab would actually do a much better job.
Neither the use of plasma or monoclonal antibodies is new or controversial. In fact the monoclonal antibodies are already approved in other therapies. Millions of dosages could be made very fast.
If the trials now going on on the elderly are successful virtually over night treatment for those in the hospital would radically improve. It would be an excellent bridge to a vaccine.

ShreveFrog

So maybe the question becomes are we better with a senior Mills than a sophomore Max? Why would we turn down a 6'4" senior who was a 5* in high school, and obviously sharp as a tack?

Goo

So maybe the question becomes are we better with a senior Mills than a sophomore Max? Why would we turn down a 6'4" senior who was a 5* in high school, and obviously sharp as a tack?

I doubt we turn him down. My guess, is that we got more interested in QBs from B10/Pac12 after Duggan heart discovery last week.

Not sure how we use grey shirt to make scholarship room for him but there several routes.

Also not sure how Duggan plays out if they’re both here. I think we would get medical redshirt since he’s only playing half the season and still had redshirt available

Frog-in-law1995

I doubt we turn him down. My guess, is that we got more interested in QBs from B10/Pac12 after Duggan heart discovery last week.

Not sure how we use grey shirt to make scholarship room for him but there several routes.

Also not sure how Duggan plays out if they’re both here. I think we would get medical redshirt since he’s only playing half the season and still had redshirt available

They’ve already announced that this season won’t take up any eligibility. Also, you can’t get a medical redshirt by missing games early and playing at the end of the year. Is this a bit?

Goo

All hypothetical at this point.... redshirt would be if he didn’t play.

I just heard the rumor and don’t claim to be expert on NCAA portal, redshirts, scholarships.

Is he a sprint darter?

McFroggin

We have open scholarships. We didn’t fill.

JugbandFrog

I’ve sold a few mAb’s including a PCSK9 Inhibitor. I’ve also worked with one of the companies that is in Phase 3 mAb trial presently for a COVID-blocking mAb. While I’m not involved at all in that, I do know a bit about mAb’s in general and how they work. Here’s a link to a 2:30m video that explains how a PCSK9 inhibitor works to reduce cholesterol. I imagine that the mAbs being researched for COVID would work by binding to a receptor site on the virus and preventing it from entering cells or attaching to them. mAbs are lab generated proteins that mimic ones that are naturally occurring. The video will demonstrate how a mAb works on an LDL receptor.

Only thing worse than politics is NERD talk! Boooo nerd! Almost put me to sleep with your science.

;)