• The KillerFrogs

Sally Jenkins: If colleges prioritize football during this pandemic, their true sickness will be re

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Without commenting on the relative importance of sports vs education in colleges today, I noticed that this writer seems to have brought a pre-existing anti-college-sports outlook into the writing of this piece...

Bob Sugar

200.gif

Froggy Style

Sally just did what every good journalist should do. Point out the hypocrisy in the arguments and make you question what is important.

Pretty darn good article, regardless of where your final opinion lands. It doesn't have to be black and white (or blue and red). There is grey here....when you just chose to pick a side and not think about it, you don't really grow.

JMO

CountryFrog

It's a great position for anyone in the media to take. If the season turns into a total COVID disaster then you can say "I told you so." Even if they get through the whole season you still get to say "but they took a chance with people's lives in their hands just to cash in; so shame on them for even taking any risk."

ShreveFrog

No one said this will be easy or without risk. But the give-up, stay home, curl into the fetal position until there's a vaccine that might work most of the time attitude is what really makes me sick. Or maybe it's just politics. Sally probably thinks Biden's stance on shutting the country down again if that's what scientists say is "commendable."