• The KillerFrogs

Duggan out for at least part of the year

CardFrog

What part of congenital heart disease are you not understanding. Myocarditiis does not cause valvular disease. I know that t the concept of it being Covid related was just a bad joke but it really was unfunny. People this complication may be quite serious so I would not take it as something to make light of or be political about.
a few posters will make anything political, scroll back a page or two and see if you can find one.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
What part of congenital heart disease are you not understanding. Myocarditiis does not cause valvular disease. I know that t the concept of it being Covid related was just a bad joke but it really was unfunny. People this complication may be quite serious so I would not take it as something to make light of or be political about.

Shocking, someone with some actual knowledge...

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Posting a Nazar to keep away the evil. But in all seriousness, prayers and best wishes to you Max. I hope it is a non life threatening, or life shortening, condition. Screenshot_20200821-093714_Chrome.jpg

LisaLT

What a terrible blow for Max. Something tells me we won’t be playing this year even if he recovers fully if this is a heart related issue with the covid risk being out there. I would think the family and the staff would want to protect him from that potential risk.

It’s a blessing that this condition was caught during covid testing/screening. An undiagnosed serious heart (if it is in fact heart related) condition could be deadly.

We’re riding with Mr. Downing at the helm so hopefully he’ll end up surprising everyone (in a good way).

Volare

That is what GP said. They just happened to find it, mainly because of the protocols in place.

When I first read all the requirements for return to action for Covid positive athletes, I wondered if they would do baseline tests on everyone so they would have something to compare with should they happen to contract Covid. I guess now we know that they did.

SuperBarrFrog

When I first read all the requirements for return to action for Covid positive athletes, I wondered if they would do baseline tests on everyone so they would have something to compare with should they happen to contract Covid. I guess now we know that they did.

Or he got Covid and they found it because of that fact.

Bizarro Frog

I have 4 years of eligibility left so I am going to walk on as a QB then get injured so I can fill the mandatory injured QB spot in the roster every season. [ What the heck? ]?????

Wexahu

I have 4 years of eligibility left so I am going to walk on as a QB then get injured so can fill the mandatory injured QB spot in the roster every season. [ What the heck? ]?????

And I have some eligibility left so I'll walk on too and then enter the transfer portal so we'll have that spot filled as well.

Bizarro Frog

And I have some eligibility left so I'll walk on too and then enter the transfer portal so we'll have that spot filled as well.
I’ve got some other guys that could become the injured kicker and the transfers that never enroll, show up or play. I will also join the baseball team in the Spring and injure my arm pitching. We got this!!!!

Eight

Congenital heart disease may not show up for years until it get bad enough to produce a noticeable murmur on physical examination. After this studies will then be done to demonstrate the significance of the defect. This most likely how this problem was found.

question paliative care,

is there a practical screening test that can be performed on incoming athletes in an attempt to identify such issues?

recall several years back a discussion to have transverse xrays done i think as part of the nfl combine to detect narrowing of the spinal canal that might setup a player for a traumatic cord injury.