• The KillerFrogs

FWST: No tailgating, mandatory masks among TCU’s COVID-19 policies for football fans in 2020

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
No tailgating, mandatory masks among TCU’s COVID-19 policies for football fans in 2020

By Drew Davison

TCU has become known for its tailgating scene before football games at Amon G. Carter Stadium over the years, but that won’t be part of gameday rituals in 2020.

Among the many COVID-19 protocols TCU announced for its home football games this season is prohibiting tailgating.

“In order to provide the safest environment for fans to enjoy TCU football this fall, tailgating will be prohibited in all lots and spaces,” the school posted on its website. “An uncontrolled tailgating environment could jeopardize the opportunity for fans to attend home games and safely host the 2020 football season.”

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article244959995.html#storylink=cpy

HG73

Why? They are distanced to an extent. Outside. Often the closest contact (each tailgate) is family. Often the food is prepared at home or on site. About like a family picnic with others nearby. Not much different than going to the grocery store?

Eight

Why? They are distanced to an extent. Outside. Often the closest contact (each tailgate) is family. Often the food is prepared at home or on site. About like a family picnic with others nearby. Not much different than going to the grocery store?

db2559a33d5be3c67b368175f7821580.gif

COWTOWN FAN

With the parking lots opening 3 hours before game time there will still be some tailgating and who will enforce the rule to close them. I think they will allow food service and gatherings in the club area but not in the stands. I have heard the Letterman's BBQ will be available. Things will be different so let's see how it goes. I wonder how many season ticket holders opted out until next year?

With the parking lots opening 3 hours before game time there will still be some tailgating and who will enforce the rule to close them. I think they will allow food service and gatherings in the club area but not in the stands. I have heard the Letterman's BBQ will be available. Things will be different so let's see how it goes. I wonder how many season ticket holders opted out until next year?

No gatherings.

Ron Swanson

That is not how students tailgate at all and I’m sure that the school is trying to avoid a giant breakout in the student body. Students get hammered and it’s a giant party of music and dancing and chugging beers. There is no way they would tailgate safely with proper social distancing protocols.

SuperBarrFrog

That is not how students tailgate at all and I’m sure that the school is trying to avoid a giant breakout in the student body. Students get hammered and it’s a giant party of music and dancing and chugging beers. There is no way they would tailgate safely with proper social distancing protocols.
I’m no expert since I don’t get to go to many games but when I have it seems like the whole point of tailgating for me was buzzing around and intermingling with all sorts of people and tailgates. Maybe I’m just extra social.

Wexahu

Student tailgates will just be moved off campus onto somebody's driveway, like you see during every home game anyway. They'll be playing music, chugging beers and getting hammered, and not social distancing.....except it won't be on TCU property.

It's all about the liability, these measures aren't going to do diddly squat to actually slow the spread amongst the student body.