• The KillerFrogs

Ponies are coming

CountryFrog

I think we need an addendum to Godwin's law involving pumpkin pancakes.
It's just people fishing for easy likes amongst an intolerant society that seeks to diminish the hopes and dreams of Americans like me.

As Illini attests, this place is a real echo chamber that shuns and belittles opposing viewpoints.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
I had a friend back in my HS days that had the name "Adlof." He was Jewish, born in 1958/59. He went by "Dolf" - but I never understood why any one, gentile and especially a Jew, would name (in the 1950s mind you post atrocities) their kid Adolf.

His Dad once told me that "Hitler ruined a perfectly good name." No explaination otherwise.

Dolf passed a few years back so I guess I'll never know the answer. (His brother is still around, I read he'd become the Potentate of the Shriners lodge so maybe there could be some opportunity to find out about the name.)

Hitler was a really bad dude. I've done the Nueremberg, Daccau, Munich - the Nazi's started there - tour. I wish I could punch that f**ker in the face!

Maybe his mom was a fan of actor Adolphe Menjou?

Virginia Frog

Maybe his mom was a fan of actor Adolphe Menjou?
You may be on to something since I know - my mother told me that I - Virginia Frog's first name - was named for an Irish actor.

My only thought is that for them Adolf was the name of a cherished family member and the his naming was a tribute.

stadiumfrog

Damn right.

Anyone who doesn't like this song is your basic garden variety racist who hates black folks.

You all need to try and understand the other folks who don't look like you who happen to inhabit this globe with us, flying through space around the sun, which in turn is flying around the center of the Milky way, which itself is flying around the universe in various stages of towards and away from other celestial bodies such as galaxies and such and stuff. Which we can tell from the doppler shifts and everything.

Whatever!

That is all. Just don't be racists. If that's possible for your peo;ple.
"your people"

Froglaw

Here’s a question for all you people.

hitlers father was born Alois Shicklgruber. Changed the name later, TO Hitler, if you can imagine that!? Who would change their name to Hitler!?

Anyways, the interesting question I is, had the dad not changed his name, could Dolf still have become chancellor?

btw, shicklgruber means manure digger

discuss

I'd like to discuss the amount of alcohol Steel consumes before posting!

HFrog1999

I had a friend back in my HS days that had the name "Adlof." He was Jewish, born in 1958/59. He went by "Dolf" - but I never understood why any one, gentile and especially a Jew, would name (in the 1950s mind you post atrocities) their kid Adolf.

His Dad once told me that "Hitler ruined a perfectly good name." No explaination otherwise.

Dolf passed a few years back so I guess I'll never know the answer. (His brother is still around, I read he'd become the Potentate of the Shriners lodge so maybe there could be some opportunity to find out about the name.)

Hitler was a really bad dude. I've done the Nueremberg, Daccau, Munich - the Nazi's started there - tour. I wish I could punch that f**ker in the face!

tenor.gif