• The KillerFrogs

RIP: Dr Robert Rhodes

Pharm Frog

Dear Neeley Alumni,

I am deeply saddened to relay news of the death of Dr. Robert Rhodes due to complications related to COVID-19. This loss is devastating for me to relay and to bear, as I know it is for so many of you who admired Rob so much. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and loved ones.

We are posting a memorial to Rob on the Neeley website, neeley.tcu.edu. You are welcome to share your memories to be added to the page. You can send them to Elaine Cole at e.cole@tcu.edu.

Rob Rhodes was a professor’s professor – a master of the craft. He was a giant in the classroom and in life, which he lived so well. No one invested as deeply as he did in his students and the leaders he challenged them to be. He and his wife Andrea left many fingerprints on the fabric of the connected culture of the TCU Neeley School of Business.

Rob was much loved by students, alumni and colleagues. He won numerous awards for teaching. His dedication to teaching critical thinking was renowned. He received a Master of Law in International Trade and Finance from Tulane University, where he graduated among the top three. He received his Doctor of Jurisprudence from Baylor University, where he graduated No. 8 in his class. He practiced law until 1984, when he came to TCU. Fun fact: his first job out of high school was playing keyboards in a band.

I join you in mourning this tremendous loss that has brought home the COVID-19 pandemic in such a heartbreaking way. Please continue to take care of yourself and others, follow health and safety guidelines, support each other and look out for each other.

Daniel

Daniel Pullin
John V. Roach Dean
TCU Neeley School of Business

Frog92

One of my favorites. Had him for Business Law in fall 1989.

Flash forward to the grand opening of the business school this last fall. I ran into him in the hallway and, despite not having seen him for almost 30 years recognized him immediately and had a nice conversation.

RIP Dr. Rhodes, you were a tremendous professor.

ftwfrog

RIP Dr Rhodes.
Can someone help me out? I had an adjunct professor on Wednesday nights around 2001. He looked like Santa Claus. I can’t remember his name.

Double D

Tier 1
Dr Rhodes was a great guy! Really made the Full time MBA class of 1993 feel really welcome when we started in August of 1991.

Pharm Frog

Mrs Pharm and I went to Cologne and London with Dr. Rhodes and Andrea on the EMBA international trip. He was both a gifted teacher and a genuinely nice and fun person.

Personally I enjoyed his teaching style of “stand and recite” but I know this forced a lot of my classmates way beyond their comfort zone (which was a great thing IMO and should be a cornerstone of teaching). I’ll always remember his Cannibal Cruise Lines case study. Will always be among my Top 3 days in my career as a student.

Purp

RIP Dr Rhodes.
Can someone help me out? I had an adjunct professor on Wednesday nights around 2001. He looked like Santa Claus. I can’t remember his name.
You aren't talking about Legatski are you? He wasn't adjunct, but kinda fits the Santa description. He taught ops management.