• The KillerFrogs

New 2020 Football Ticket Policy Released

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Thanks ATO!

A few more questions:
  • Do y'all plan to have concessions still open at the games? Will there be beer sales still?
  • Any plans to temporarily change parking policies? Maybe make lots accessible to everyone by payment on a per game, first come first serve basis? Hard to justify paying $2k for a parking spot that I can't tailgate in unless I'm wealthy and feeling extremely generous.
  • How strict will mask policy be enforced once in the stadium in our seats? Hate to be a whiny baby about this, but this could be a deal breaker for people in my party if the expectation is to sit in the blazing sun for 4 hours with a mask fully on. Seems like a much greater health risk than not wearing a mask in my socially distanced, outdoor seat. I get that TCU has to take the official stance that masks are required and that the policy will be enforced... but if I decide to take a break and pull my mask down for a few minutes, am I going to get harassed by CSC staff or a police officer?
  • How are club seats being handled? Are they part of the same seat selection process or are they being handled separately?
  • Will people still be allowed to sell unused tickets on stubhub?

Thanks
Club seats got darned like everyone else. They are being reseated. Worse they are being reseated depending on when you bought them. So if you bought early you get to pick early. Last I checked the donation amounts didn’t change so why it matters when you purchased is lost on me. Despite what froglaw thinks, I’ve given enough money to TCU the past two years, didn’t get my seats last year because of delays (I was ok with that) and now this year am not guaranteed my seats because of restrictions. I’m not paying that much to hopefully get seats in a club. And I got a refund because a) I’ve done my part this year with donations and b) until I know I will get my seats next year I don’t really feel like parking that much money with TCU interest free any longer than I already have.

Edit: this sounds more bitter than I am. I’m actually just happy football is probably going to be played. I get the restrictions. I get the timing of communication from the ticket office. I get it all. It’s a lot of money to let sit there and hope it’s all good next year.

tcumaniac

Club seats got darned like everyone else. They are being reseated. Worse they are being reseated depending on when you bought them. So if you bought early you get to pick early. Last I checked the donation amounts didn’t change so why it matters when you purchased is lost on me. Despite what froglaw thinks, I’ve given enough money to TCU the past two years, didn’t get my seats last year because of delays (I was ok with that) and now this year am not guaranteed my seats because of restrictions. I’m not paying that much to hopefully get seats in a club. And I got a refund because a) I’ve done my part this year with donations and b) until I know I will get my seats next year I don’t really feel like parking that much money with TCU interest free any longer than I already have.
Man. What a mess. My heart goes out to the east side club seat holders. 2 years in a row of getting screwed. Obviously not all TCU's fault, but what a bummer it's been.

HFrog1999

Man. What a mess. My heart goes out to the east side club seat holders. 2 years in a row of getting screwed. Obviously not all TCU's fault, but what a bummer it's been.

4bdnyx.jpg

Peacefrog

Degenerate
It’s really not. Yes I would like my club seats and a full stadium and a national championship this year. But it’s not that big of a deal to wait. If football happens I’ll be happy to watch it in whatever capacity available that doesn’t cost as much as the club would considering the unknowns. I don’t even know if a bar will be open. I didn’t buy club seats to not have liquor readily available. I have my needs.

atofrog

Contributor
Is there a time deadline for us to make our decisions?

Sort of. If you don’t select seats, we will automatically apply your payment as a credit to your 2021 renewal. If you would rather have that money donated to the Frog Club for extra points or an actual refund, you would need to notify us after you “opt-out” of selecting. So I guess that would be the deadline. Thanks for your question.

Go Frogs!

ticketfrog123

Sort of. If you don’t select seats, we will automatically apply your payment as a credit to your 2021 renewal. If you would rather have that money donated to the Frog Club for extra points or an actual refund, you would need to notify us after you “opt-out” of selecting. So I guess that would be the deadline. Thanks for your question.

Go Frogs!

is the new Purple & White fund open to normal donations (if so, until when?) or only the refund amount from your seat amount that becomes a donation by opting for that choice

atofrog

Contributor
Thanks ATO!

A few more questions:
  • Do y'all plan to have concessions still open at the games? Will there be beer sales still?
  • Any plans to temporarily change parking policies? Maybe make lots accessible to everyone by payment on a per game, first come first serve basis? Hard to justify paying $2k for a parking spot that I can't tailgate in unless I'm wealthy and feeling extremely generous.
  • How strict will mask policy be enforced once in the stadium in our seats? Hate to be a whiny baby about this, but this could be a deal breaker for people in my party if the expectation is to sit in the blazing sun for 4 hours with a mask fully on. Seems like a much greater health risk than not wearing a mask in my socially distanced, outdoor seat. I get that TCU has to take the official stance that masks are required and that the policy will be enforced... but if I decide to take a break and pull my mask down for a few minutes, am I going to get harassed by CSC staff or a police officer?
  • How are club seats being handled? Are they part of the same seat selection process or are they being handled separately?
  • Will people still be allowed to sell unused tickets on stubhub?

Thanks

Wow! Lots of questions. Making me take my work home.

Yes, concessions will still be available along with beer sales. More info will be posted to our FAQ page as it becomes available.

Currently no plans to change parking prices or have a first come first served per game option. There are a lot of donors that pay for their location regardless if tailgating is permitted or not. You can always choose a less expensive lot this year without fear of losing current space for next year.

I’m not going to get into a debate about masks. That only leads to political finger pointing and that’s not my job. I will say that part of buying into a program means you are willing to make sacrifices and do whatever is necessary so we can continue having options to play sports this year. So if wearing a mask is what they are asking of me, then I am going to support our team.

Club seats are part of the selection process. But only for club donors. These areas will not be available for someone to select unless they already have club seats.

Yes, tickets will still be available on StubHub per our partnership agreement. TCU is no different than other schools that have the same agreement.

Go Frogs!

atofrog

Contributor
One more question @atofrog , unless I missed it. Please confirm I do not need to do anything to opt-in. Will I just receive an email with my selection date and time?

You are already in if you renewed. You will receive a selection date and time email next week. We are targeting Fri the 21st to send those emails and have the website available to start reviewing available seat options.

Go Frogs!

Boomhauer

Go Frogs!

Hi atofrog,

How do we opt-out of selecting? And do we just email to ask for a refund?

Thanks again.

atofrog

Contributor
Also, atofrog, this may be answered in your response to deadlines, but to be more specific, if we hold out for the seating process, will we know before that process begins if our priority points support seating availability? If not, and we find out at that time that we don’t qualify for seats, will we still have the option to opt out for full refund, or will we be locked in to prepayment toward 2021?

Yes you will still have option to opt out if their are no seats available or no seats you want to select. We have no way of knowing ahead of time how far down the priority list will get to select seats. It depends on how many are ahead of you and whether or not they select seats.

Hope that answers your question.

Go Frogs!

atofrog

Contributor
I did not read entire thread but as I understand, I have 8 seats, I may get 4 if they get to me on reallocation. I have 3 parking spots, can I keep 1 and do something else with the other 2?

Correct on the seat quantity. Yes you can keep one parking and choose a separate option on the other 2. But parking will not be on the selection site. You will need to contact us if you want to make a parking change.

Go Frogs!

atofrog

Contributor
is the new Purple & White fund open to normal donations (if so, until when?) or only the refund amount from your seat amount that becomes a donation by opting for that choice

Absolutely! Thank you for thinking of this. I have not heard of a deadline, but I would get it done before the first game just in case it gets stopped at some point.

Go Frogs!