• The KillerFrogs

New Big 12 Schedule Released

Showtime Joe 2.0

If I were a player in the Big 10 or Pac 12 I would be irate.
I think players AND fans will be irate. What if you're an Iowa Hawkeyes fan? Your team won't be playing this year but your arch-rival, Iowa State, will be. Or Penn State fans? The Nittany Lions are going to be idle but the Pitt Panthers are going to tee it up. Or let's say you live in Indiana and are a Hoosiers fan or a Boilermakers fan? You're already living in Notre Dame's shadow to begin with but now your team will be sidelined while the Irish take the field week after week as a temporary member of the ACC.

And speaking of the ACC, I wonder how its two teams from deep-blue states (Syracuse and Boston College) are going to play their schedule: New York State currently has a quarantine on visitors from 14 states and Massachusetts has one that covers well over 40 states.

It's going to be super-weird to say the least. And I'm still not convinced that the "Power Three" conferences are going to be able to pull this off in the end, as much as I'd like to see them do it.

Bob Sugar

I think players AND fans will be irate. What if you're an Iowa Hawkeyes fan? Your team won't be playing this year but your arch-rival, Iowa State, will be. Or Penn State fans? The Nittany Lions are going to be idle but the Pitt Panthers are going to tee it up. Or let's say you live in Indiana and are a Hoosiers fan or a Boilermakers fan? You're already living in Notre Dame's shadow to begin with but now your team will be sidelined while the Irish take the field week after week as a temporary member of the ACC.

And speaking of the ACC, I wonder how its two teams from deep-blue states (Syracuse and Boston College) are going to play their schedule: New York State currently has a quarantine on visitors from 14 states and Massachusetts has one that covers well over 40 states.

It's going to be super-weird to say the least. And I'm still not convinced that the "Power Three" conferences are going to be able to pull this off in the end, as much as I'd like to see them do it.
You missed a big one. Ohio State is not playing, but Cincinnati is.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Memphis-Cheerleading-Team-Crazy-Reaction-Celebration.gif

tcumaniac

The limpdicks on Reddit are slamming the Big 12 for deciding to play and saying its stupid.

It still makes me laugh that supposed college football fans on Reddit are so desperately wanting there to be no season played.
Trump Derangement Syndrome is a powerful thing that deteriorates the mind.

Every medical professional I knows thinks college football should be played as long as there are structures and protocols in place.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Trump Derangement Syndrome is a powerful thing that deteriorates the mind.

Every medical professional I knows thinks college football should be played as long as there are structures and protocols in place.
I made the grievous error of turning on ESPN U on the radio earlier today. Silly me: I thought, what with the BIGXII deciding to play, and Nebraska being threatened not to jump ship, that there would be a lively discussion of potential Conference shifts and player transfers. Nope.

All the blithering idiot Taylor Zarzer had to blither about was "The Conferences that aren't going to play are all going to vote Biden, while the ones that are going to play are all voting for Trump. I hate to go into politics..."

Luckily, the Beatles Channel was nearby...

JugbandFrog

I just this doesn’t turn into that scene from Forrest Gump where the Big 10 and MWC are like Gump, and the rest of the conferences are all wrecked, leaving those who didn’t play to win all the titles.

Eight

I made the grievous error of turning on ESPN U on the radio earlier today. Silly me: I thought, what with the BIGXII deciding to play, and Nebraska being threatened not to jump ship, that there would be a lively discussion of potential Conference shifts and player transfers. Nope.

All the blithering idiot Taylor Zarzer had to blither about was "The Conferences that aren't going to play are all going to vote Biden, while the ones that are going to play are all voting for Trump. I hate to go into politics..."

Luckily, the Beatles Channel was nearby...

who is taylor zarzer and why would you consciously choose to listen to an espn national channel?

AroundWorldFrog

The limpdicks on Reddit are slamming the Big 12 for deciding to play and saying its stupid.

It still makes me laugh that supposed college football fans on Reddit are so desperately wanting there to be no season played.
It amazes me how many people want to be Karen in this country. Good gawd. Lighten up and stop getting your feelings hurt over everything. I'm guessing at least 70% of those have manbuns.

200.gif

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
who is taylor zarzer and why would you consciously choose to listen to an espn national channel?
They have him paired with Rick Neuhiesel (sp?) in the late morning hours. He does most of the talking.

As I said, I thought perhaps there would be some worthy discussion, considering all the tumult. But, alas...