• The KillerFrogs

It's official: Big 10 to postpone, attempt to restart in spring

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
As someone who has lived in the middle of Big 10 country for 29 years now, I can tell you that cold weather will not have any effect on whether or not they will play.

The fact that they would be playing at least 10 games in the Spring and turn right around and play 12 more in the Fall is the real issue.

I would think 3 or 4 months should allow plenty of recuperation time and Also be the best spring training ever.

asleep003

I would think 3 or 4 months should allow plenty of recuperation time and Also be the best spring training ever.
Have to agree with gohornedfrog on this one. ... however, they need to practice in the weather a couple days a week that they are going to play in and that would be brutal !

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Have to agree with gohornedfrog on this one. ... however, they need to practice in the weather a couple days a week that they are going to play in and that would be brutal !

Im not sure I quite understand. They practice in the weather they are going to play in regardless.

CountryFrog

Perfect example of what’s wrong with journalism.
Is Tony Casillas a journalist?

Either way, your point absolutely still stands. Very difficult these days to tell the difference between journalism and message board gossip. It's why I basically never watch anything on ESPN other than live sports. I have no interest in watching their "journalists" discuss sports or anything else.

I played about 15 rounds of golf in March and April of this year in temps between 37 and 48 degrees. Golf. Not football. Never got cold. We are used to it up here.

HToady

Fall football with no fans allowed > anything in the Spring. May the P3 prevail.

Best possible scenario for a championship: the three conference champions plus 1 at large. Championship game to be plated at the Rose Bowl.....

KTown Frog

I hope they stay true to this. I have a gut feeling they are just delaying it so as to not look like they jumped on the bandwagon with Big10, PAC12. Again, I hope I’m wrong.

texas_sicilian

I hope they stay true to this. I have a gut feeling they are just delaying it so as to not look like they jumped on the bandwagon with Big10, PAC12. Again, I hope I’m wrong.
We’re a month away. Not a lot of wiggle room to bail as everyone in the conference moves forward full steam in preparation.

Guess they still could, but it would take a significant new data point to deter them from proceeding IMO.

Mean Purple

I played about 15 rounds of golf in March and April of this year in temps between 37 and 48 degrees. Golf. Not football. Never got cold. We are used to it up here.
I envy you. I would love to play golf in cooler weather. in those temps, I am usually on a horse.
I'll play very soon, in the morning, and finish up when it is 95 degrees. ugh.

Mean Purple

I have the very same concern. It just seems like they are going to wait till this first wave of anger subsides then pull the plug during labor day weekend.