• The KillerFrogs

The Day the Football died

Brog

If TCU votes not to play, then I’m out on future season tickets.

This is ridiculous

Kinda reminds me of all those people saying that if "you know who" wins the presidential election, they are moving to Kenya or Bali or somewhere. I get mighty mad at some of the things my school (TCU) occasionally does, but friends, I aint going nowhere. Here's where I'm at.

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
This is really bad for the players. I feel horrible for them. It's also going to result in worse health and education outcomes for them. This is an absolute disaster based on hysteria.

tenor.gif

#endthehysteria

I'm interested in how you think this results in worse "health and education" outcomes, especially the education part. They're college students on scholarship, right? So if they're not playing football they've got more time for, you know, going to class and studying, stuff like that.

HFrog1999

Gif needs to go under 99 and Brew’s posts.

I was at games in the 70s when UT was running it up and waited for the gun just to see if we’d score. I can’t imagine anything that would make me not support TCU.

I was going to games while we were in the WAC and we still sucked

However, I’m not going to support TCU if they crap all over our athletes’ season because of political hysteria.

Plus, I’m very concerned about what affect this will have on my sons playing this Fall. If the colleges’ hysteria results in a cancellation of high school football, I will lose it.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I was going to games while we were in the WAC and we still sucked

However, I’m not going to support TCU if they crap all over our athletes’ season because of political hysteria.

Plus, I’m very concerned about what affect this will have on my sons playing this Fall. If the colleges’ hysteria results in a cancellation of high school football, I will lose it.

It’s a long life, if this is the worst thing that ever happens to you, you will be a very fortunate person.

I’d miss Fall football too, but I can wait for spring.

HFrog1999

It’s a long life, if this is the worst thing that ever happens to you, you will be a very fortunate person.

I’d miss Fall football too, but I can wait for spring.

It’s not a long life for a high school football player. You get 4 years, that’s it. I’m not worried about myself, I’m worried about my sons. I’m also concerned about the players at TCU, because I know how hard they’ve worked and how special football is.

As for the worst things that’s happened to me? I’ve nearly died from pneumonia, my wife’s been shot, my son has nearly died several times, my mom and FIL both died before 70, and I’ve lost several friends over the past few years.

Life can suck, college football is just a diversion, however it’s an important part of our culture and our country. It shouldn’t be destroyed just because your party wants to win an election by making us miserable. We’ve had several pandemics which never caused shutdowns like we’ve experienced this year.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
It’s not a long life for a high school football player. You get 4 years, that’s it. I’m not worried about myself, I’m worried about my sons. I’m also concerned about the players at TCU, because I know how hard they’ve worked and how special football is.

As for the worst things that’s happened to me? I’ve nearly died from pneumonia, my wife’s been shot, my son has nearly died several times, my mom and FIL both died before 70, and I’ve lost several friends over the past few years.

Life can suck, college football is just a diversion, however it’s an important part of our culture and our country. It shouldn’t be destroyed just because your party wants to win an election by making us miserable. We’ve had several pandemics which never caused shutdowns like we’ve experienced this year.

I never said you never had bad things happen to you. But with your close calls you should know this isn’t a tragedy, but a minor hitch in time. I’m glad you have survived tragedy and near tragedy. I’ve been blessed to have survived stage 4 cancer, also had pneumonia and a few more cancers pop up. So I tend not to get too worked up over stuff like this.

I’m almost 70 and can’t recall any other world wide pandemics, did I miss something?

Anyway, I hope you weather the storm.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Gif needs to go under 99 and Brew’s posts.

I was at games in the 70s when UT was running it up and waited for the gun just to see if we’d score. I can’t imagine anything that would make me not support TCU.
I, too, have sat through more than a few stinkeroo games and seasons. Loyal Frog Club Member, gave generously, went to meetings and events. Met all the Usual Suspects. 33 years of holding Season Tickets. The whole re-seating, P.P. fiasco really pissed me off, and the relationship has not been the same since. So, the level of support, shall we say, has dropped considerably.

TCU is no longer the University I attended some 30-odd years ago. Not just the buildings have changed, but the entire outlook and philosophy of the school have shifted and to my mind, not in a positive direction. My voice is not one that they pay attention to, and they have shown that my concerns are met with either indifference or veiled hostility. All well and good. That's their choice.

Having TCU meekly following along with this shutdown of football would be yet another betrayal, not just of me, but the entirety of the fanbase, coaches, players, cheerleaders, Band, etc. Financially, TCU can probably suffer along without football revenue for a season, but then what? How about the other sports?

No, my indifference grows with each little thing. And that's really it; indifference. My Give-A-[ Finebaum ] Meter just isn't springing around like it once did. Bailing on football is just one more shove away into further indifference.

I'm sorry. I'm just lower than whale-poop with all this nonsense. Football was a shining beacon of hope, and I am firmly convinced that the dolts in charge of this will do the Virtue Signaling Thing and abandon the season, in spite of any and all reason or logic. And if they don't give a crap, why should I?

HFrog1999

I never said you never had bad things happen to you. But with your close calls you should know this isn’t a tragedy, but a minor hitch in time. I’m glad you have survived tragedy and near tragedy. I’ve been blessed to have survived stage 4 cancer, also had pneumonia and a few more cancers pop up. So I tend not to get too worked up over stuff like this.

I’m almost 70 and can’t recall any other world wide pandemics, did I miss something?

Anyway, I hope you weather the storm.

I’m just fired up about it because my oldest is playing high school football and I know how much it means to him and don’t want it to be ruined because of hysteria.

As for previous pandemics, 1918 Spanish Flu, 1951 Asian Flu, 1968 Hong Kong Flu, 2009 Swine Flu, we never missed a football season. Swine Flu was more dangerous to college students than Covid 19

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I, too, have sat through more than a few stinkeroo games and seasons. Loyal Frog Club Member, gave generously, went to meetings and events. Met all the Usual Suspects. 33 years of holding Season Tickets. The whole re-seating, P.P. fiasco really pissed me off, and the relationship has not been the same since. So, the level of support, shall we say, has dropped considerably.

TCU is no longer the University I attended some 30-odd years ago. Not just the buildings have changed, but the entire outlook and philosophy of the school have shifted and to my mind, not in a positive direction. My voice is not one that they pay attention to, and they have shown that my concerns are met with either indifference or veiled hostility. All well and good. That's their choice.

Having TCU meekly following along with this shutdown of football would be yet another betrayal, not just of me, but the entirety of the fanbase, coaches, players, cheerleaders, Band, etc. Financially, TCU can probably suffer along without football revenue for a season, but then what? How about the other sports?

No, my indifference grows with each little thing. And that's really it; indifference. My Give-A-[ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] Meter just isn't springing around like it once did. Bailing on football is just one more shove away into further indifference.

I'm sorry. I'm just lower than whale-poop with all this nonsense. Football was a shining beacon of hope, and I am firmly convinced that the dolts in charge of this will do the Virtue Signaling Thing and abandon the season, in spite of any and all reason or logic. And if they don't give a crap, why should I?

I’d say you might need to rearrange your priorities, but I don’t pretend to be Dr Phil.

Just count your blessings you don’t live in Indiana where you hope TCU makes a national broadcast to be able to see them, or where people equate TCU with the likes of GCU or don’t know the difference between TSU and TCU or have to remind them our crappy team beat their crappy Purdue and actually beat their Wisky team in the Rose Bowl.

Just sit back and have stress free fall and wait for spring football, if it comes to that. Life is too short. Just a personal opinion...

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I’m just fired up about it because my oldest is playing high school football and I know how much it means to him and don’t want it to be ruined because of hysteria.

As for previous pandemics, 1918 Spanish Flu, 1951 Asian Flu, 1968 Hong Kong Flu, 2009 Swine Flu, we never missed a football season. Swine Flu was more dangerous to college students than Covid 19

Well I wasn’t around for The Spanish Flu and at that time I’m not sure they were too concerned about the health of football players in any form. The others were hardly comparable and ran their course like the flu generally does. You can’t say the Swine Flu was more dangerous to college kids because this thing is still going on with the younger people coming down with it in increasing numbers. It may turn out to be that way, but so far the end is not in sight yet.

HFrog1999

Well I wasn’t around for The Spanish Flu and at that time I’m not sure they were too concerned about the health of football players in any form. The others were hardly comparable and ran their course like the flu generally does. You can’t say the Swine Flu was more dangerous to college kids because this thing is still going on with the younger people coming down with it in increasing numbers. It may turn out to be that way, but so far the end is not in sight yet.
I can say that because I’ve been reading the research. Covid 19 is not dangerous for young people with healthy immune systems. I’ve been working during this entire “pandemic” and haven’t been sick at all. The 1968 Hong Kong Flu killed a similar amount of Americans based on population as Covid 19 so far.