• The KillerFrogs

It's official: Big 10 to postpone, attempt to restart in spring

Mean Purple

Everywhere people are wearing masks cases keep going up until they reach a point where they don't. Masks hardly do [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ], I'm 100% convinced of it. If you're healthy and feeling good there is no reason to wear a mask, but by all means let's keep doing it so we can all feel like we are in this together.

And yes, I am still wearing a mask every time I enter a public building.
I wear one. And it is nothing but optics. The dang thing jacks with my throat, as it does others. I know of 7 people now who wore masks everywhere. Would not go near crowds ... 2 hardly left their house ... all shaming others about masks, even though everywhere they went, folks had masks ... and they all came down with COVID. None of them were old and it was a light battle for them all, except one who was sick for about 9 days, then lightly sick.

It is a virus. It's gonna virus.

Mean Purple

Well, at least we have time to ice down the beer before they kill the season...
For sure. They will use the others as cover. Claim that it impacts bowls, playoffs, etc. It's all about player health ... even though docs say it can be done and there is not indication why Spring would be different.

Folks need to learn that we have to coexist with the virus. You can't shut down life.

Mean Purple

No way in hell these conferences actually intend to attempt a spring season. Just trying to soften the blow for now. Shameful.
That they can lie so easily to the students makes me almost reconsider my position on players being paid/organized. But then they would just fire the student. (yeah, folks. that's what that actually leads to)

InstaFrog

Well, at least we have time to ice down the beer before they kill the season...
We might need a virtual pour-one-out party
tenor.gif

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-11_13-34-51.jpeg
    upload_2020-8-11_13-34-51.jpeg
    4.7 KB · Views: 7

TooColdU

Everywhere people are wearing masks cases keep going up until they reach a point where they don't. Masks hardly do [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ], I'm 100% convinced of it. If you're healthy and feeling good there is no reason to wear a mask, but by all means let's keep doing it so we can all feel like we are in this together.

And yes, I am still wearing a mask every time I enter a public building.

Walked into the restroom at work, I was wearing a brand new mask (blue ones that are most common), Coworker had just tore it up in there. I immediately noticed the smell.

first thought was if I could smell THOSE particles, there’s no way the mask would help against COVID-19.

PSA - if my coworkers are reading this, stop taking dumps at work.

Mean Purple

meh, he worked about a year at a firm that defending schools in NCAA violation claims. Other than that, his firms were sports agencies, then worked for team. While I am sure liability was an issue brought up, that was not a top concern for him. because the claims would just not be there.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
You can't shut down life.
No, you can't.

Maniac used the word "shameful" to describe this act, and he's 5x5 correct. The very idea that gibbering fear over a disease that, outside particular groups, amounts to little more than a bad cold would cause the entire Nation to grind to a halt, and stay that way for months is crazy. All the while, the goalposts as to reasons why continue to shift around, and not much makes sense anymore. Now they've gone and driven a stake through the heart of College Football, killed it out of sheer cowardice and pant-wetting paralysis. The follow-on effects of their decision may well kill the very institutions that employ them, though not that they give a flip about that. After all, they care. And they want to make sure that they are thought of as people who do. Actually doing their damned jobs comes in a distant third if at all...

I'm especially bitter knowing that (looking at the clock) we have about 78 minutes until the BIGXII solons kill our season, too. Not a damned thing we can do about it. Their betrayal is certain, and all we have to do until then is hope that the cigarette they give us before the firing squad opens up isn't a damned menthol.

The drinking lamp is lit. First round is on me.