• The KillerFrogs

Nebraska and Iowa

Eight

Bob Bowlsby, the commissioner of the Big XII, is an Iowa alum....

Nebraska is now in a conference with Rutgers and Maryland.

Crazier things have happened like West Virginia is in the Big XII.

Just sayin'

bowlsby should be glad he gets a freaking check for all he has done so forget iowa and hell no to nebraska.

clear our west virginia, go get colorado and the two arizona's

Froggish

I feel like Iowa and Neb would bring more tv viewers. Neb fans want back in its just the admins who don't but the current situation may change their mind.
Important to remember is that much of expansion happens do to both angst and opportunity. If not for COVID both Neb and Iowa would be very happy, as both are making a killing in the B10. My point is that going west is the only realistic opportunity for expansion and if its ever going to happen. You could offer AZ, ASU more money and access to better recruiting. You can't offer that to NEB, Iowa, or Arky who's name comes up often. None of those schools are looking to leave their respective conferences. AZ and ASU are in a failing conference

Putt4Purple

Important to remember is that much of expansion happens do to both angst and opportunity. If not for COVID both Neb and Iowa would be very happy, as both are making a killing in the B10. My point is that going west is the only realistic opportunity for expansion and if its ever going to happen. You could offer AZ, ASU more money and access to better recruiting. You can't offer that to NEB, Iowa, or Arky who's name comes up often. None of those schools are looking to leave their respective conferences. AZ and ASU are in a failing conference

After hearing your argument/statement I agree. It would be great to see a game between one of the Arizona schools at the new Las Vegas Stadium on a off campus game at least once. Kind of like a Jerryworld game. Just a thought.

Wexahu

Nebraska is coming to realize that without consistent exposure to Texas, their football program is just a colder, flatter, classier Arkansas.

In Nebraska's case, IMO it has more to do with them not being one of a handful of teams of national TV like the old days. They used to be able to recruit very well nationally because of that. No more since every single P5 team is on what is basically national TV every week.

Their heyday was when they were in the Big 8 and had zero Texas ties.