• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: SMU AD says Mustangs were open to playing at TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
SMU AD says Mustangs were open to playing at TCU

By DEAN STRAKA

SMU Football reportedly made considerable efforts to save this year's rivalry matchup against cross-metroplex rival TCU, a game which sources revealed to 247Sports earlier this week was canceled week amid scheduling changes that were announced by the Big 12 Conference. According to The Dallas Morning News, SMU athletic director Rick Hart said that he spent the better portion of the last two days attempting to resuscitate the matchup, but acknowledged on Wednesday that the Battle For the Iron Skillet won't be happening this fall.

Read more at https://247sports.com/Article/smu-f...-battle-iron-skillet-canceled-2020-149897818/

netty2424

What is the “other non-conference game already under contract?”

And wouldn’t SMU also be under contract? It’s been on the schedule for a 100 years.

Portland Frog

So in 2021 does the game return to Dallas even though it's slated for FW (given this year's game is obviously being missed in Dallas?).

Portland Frog

Says 2021 will be in Fort Worth, which leads me to presume there was some type of agmt was made if deferring, but in FW.

Makes sense. Let's assume the frogs did play SMU this season in FW. As is, next year's game is also in FW so doing the math (why is there math?) 3 games in a row would have been played in FW.

texas_sicilian

Makes sense. Let's assume the frogs did play SMU this season in FW. As is, next year's game is also in FW so doing the math (why is there math?) 3 games in a row would have been played in FW.
Totally speculating, but my guess would be that we asked for them to conform to our new B12 mandate by making the trip to FW again this year, on the date we have to have the OOC game. They declined, we said fine, we'll punt to next year, but you forfeit your @home rights for the next game then.

Big Frog II

Totally speculating, but my guess would be that we asked for them to conform to our new B12 mandate by making the trip to FW again this year, on the date we have to have the OOC game. They declined, we said fine, we'll punt to next year, but you forfeit your @home rights for the next game then.
I can see that.

The visuals are not great on this one with SMU bending over backwards to make the game happen and TCU not working with them. Replacing an up and coming SMU team that beat TCU in FTW last year with Sam Houston State kinda makes Frogs look scared. Beating SMU this season was not gonna be a lay up but if Frogs had won it would be a quality win as opposed to a w over Sam Houston State.

Eight

The visuals are not great on this one with SMU bending over backwards to make the game happen and TCU not working with them. Replacing an up and coming SMU team that beat TCU in FTW last year with Sam Houston State kinda makes Frogs look scared. Beating SMU this season was not gonna be a lay up but if Frogs had won it would be a quality win as opposed to a w over Sam Houston State.

200.gif