• The KillerFrogs

Anyway back to football!! 9+1 for big 12.

robbroyy

Once the vote became obvious TCU and SHSU made a tentative deal. Could be worse.
This game will keep GP up for 5 weeks. Their programs history mirrors ours. Last time we competed for the conference title in 2017 they went 12-2 and were in the FCS championship semifinals.

When Willie Fritz was head coach they went to the title game a lot.

Mean Purple

I don’t see how we have college football this season. Maybe we get a week or two in, but guys are going to test positive, the media is going to go ape [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] and university presidents will start feeling the heat and get nervous.
the bcrat/admin types will go totally chicken [ Finebaum ] on all that. can't argue with that reality. that's what makes me wonder how long it will go. Schools are buming up to zero week to give days between in case something happens, still, it's an election year. nobody is letting [ Finebaum ] go.

TCUdirtbag

I don’t see how we have college football this season. Maybe we get a week or two in, but guys are going to test positive, the media is going to go ape [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] and university presidents will start feeling the heat and get nervous.

I understand the thinking. But a lot of guys at a lot of programs have *already* had it, or likely will by the mid-to-late September start date.

I think the higher risk to the season isn’t starting and stopping. It’s whether colleges stay open through the case surge in late August/September so we can have a season at all.

JugbandFrog

It is important that we play a team that has the capability to keep their players COVID free. A lower tier team may expose all our players during that matchup, which is why I’m not a big fan of playing SHSU

Froggish

It is important that we play a team that has the capability to keep their players COVID free. A lower tier team may expose all our players during that matchup, which is why I’m not a big fan of playing SHSU
Hold on to your hat. It’s going to be an FCS school.

HG73

We need that +1 game, it has to be a home game and no other P5 team can play us because they are all playing conference only schedules. We have to find a team that needs a game that week.

LeagueCityFrog

CBS Sports reporting this morning that SMU has offered to come to Fort Worth again this September instead of the Frogs hosting Sam Houston State. They think lightning is going to strike twice? No more Pony confetti guns being shot in our Carter!