• The KillerFrogs

Niko tweet

Mean Purple

Is it true that the team or the defense walked out of practice? Seems unlikely based on all the tweets that have come out, but it was rumored.
My guess is the refused asked to meet him in the locker room before they go out. Addressed their issues. And from the follow up, and players who were around, looks like some players did not like getting it twisted by a player who got them to stand with them in the locker room.

TX_Krötenechse

My guess is the refused asked to meet him in the locker room before they go out. Addressed their issues. And from the follow up, and players who were around, looks like some players did not like getting it twisted by a player who got them to stand with them in the locker room.
From the other site, apparently GP had a discussion with the players and then dismissed the team for the day (seemingly confirmed by TayMike tweet posted on the last page). No protest, no walk-out.

Bob Sugar

I was an average high school player... athletic, but undersized(weight, not height). I probably could have been a decent slot receiver, but we ran a triple option wishbone offense that never passed, so I didn't really have a defined role outside of special teams.

I only tried to walk on at TCU because I would always hate myself if I never did and always think "what if"... I had zero expectations of making the team. I just wanted to do it to say I did it.

If you would have told me when I was walking off the field after my last high school game that I wasn't done and would be a part of TCU's program for 4 years, I'd have called you crazy. But it all ended up playing out that way. A little luck and a little hard work. I did struggle with some confidence and "do I really belong here" issues at times, feeling like I was wasting the coaches and teams time when I would do anything at practice that wasn't scout team.
source.gif

frogteacher70

anyone know what it is about? Seems like it could blow up on us.
I read a story on Bleacher Report. It didn’t seem to me that Gary said anything wrong. He told the player to quit using the word in the game room. I read the player’s tweet. It was a bit hard to follow, but he seemed angry about his promised lack of playing time. It might be an example of miscommunication in a heated time in our country. You know, Gary has been yelling at players since Jesus was a baby. It seems that if he threw ethnic slurs around, he would’ve done it earlier.

Travis Trucks

Kid is quickly finding himself on an island.

yes, consequences. boot Dylan from the team for violating team rules.

I think the most likely scenario at this point is that Coach Patterson and Dylan reconcile, put aside their differences, mend fences, and Dylan goes on to be a productive player for us

That's how it always seemed to play out when I was there. So many times I thought players were goners and were either going to be kicked off the team or transfer out of anger because of their feud with the coaching staff, but instead reconciled and ended up being not only a productive player, but spoke praises of TCU after graduating

Coach Patterson is big on 2nd chances(for internal disputes) and reconciling

Bookmark this

I think the most likely scenario at this point is that Coach Patterson and Dylan reconcile, put aside their differences, mend fences, and Dylan goes on to be a productive player for us

That's how it always seemed to play out when I was there. So many times I thought players were goners and were either going to be kicked off the team or transfer out of anger because of their feud with the coaching staff, but instead reconciled and ended up being not only a productive player, but spoke praises of TCU after graduating

Coach Patterson is big on 2nd chances(for internal disputes) and reconciling

Bookmark this
THIS is the answer.