• The KillerFrogs

Niko tweet

Mean Purple

Open question: Is it culturally inappropriate to bar the use of that word by Black players in the course of football operations?

I'm no lawyer, but is it right to think that 1st amendment protections don't apply in employment settings (presuming football operations are employment settings)?

Enquiring minds wish to know.
From other players tweets showing what really went down, it looks like the word is already not allowed and that's what GP called him out for. Probably don't use the quote next time. I remember a coach kicking a metal door off the frame and walked him and was seriously angry cause a black player used the word to another black player. We all (whole team in addition to the two players who said it) did sprints till we dropped. Word was not used after that. Some of us knew it was coming when we heard his office door slam in the hallway.

My guess is this player at FW was being bratty and GP decided to dress him down for all of it.

Something that is not talked about which should be talked about is that it can be a challenge to transition from being a football player into real life, especially if you don't go to the NFL.

A lot of these guys have known nothing but playing football, so when they graduate, and are no longer playing football, its hard to know what to do next with your life. It can be frustrating, and some of these guys take their frustrations out on their past.

Even if you take your education seriously, and have a plan after graduation, it can still be a shock. For me, one minute I was celebrating a Rose Bowl win with my teammates, and the next minute, I was at the parking lot behind AGC Stadium, getting my luggage out of the luggage truck, and we all go our own ways. It was the weirdest feeling ever. I remember being at a restaurant with my dad the day we got back from the Rose Bowl and this feeling washed over me, like "now what?". It took me a good 2.5 years to find my way after graduating. And I am someone who was successful in class, got good grades, took my education seriously and had somewhat of a plan.

For some of these guys they didn't take education seriously, had no post college plan that didn't involve the NFL, and are stuck in neutral in their life. They have known nothing but football and for a lot of them, football was their escape and gave their life meaning. Now what? It can be frustrating, so some of these guys get upset and take out the fact that their post football life sucks on their former coaches.
Why do I feel I have read this somewhere before?

Travis Trucks

From other players tweets showing what really went down, it looks like the word is already not allowed and that's what GP called him out for. Probably don't use the quote next time. I remember a coach kicking a metal door off the frame and walked him and was seriously angry cause a black player used the word to another black player. We all (whole team in addition to the two players who said it) did sprints till we dropped. Word was not used after that. Some of us knew it was coming when we heard his office door slam in the hallway.

My guess is this player at FW was being bratty and GP decided to dress him down for all of it.

He dresses everyone down. It's his style. Like most people, he gets frustrated at times, just like you and me, and says things off the cuff out of frustration. Everyone is guilty of this. You have to learn not to take it personally.

My worst roasting was when we were doing 1 on 1s and I went up against Colin Jones and beat him over the top on a route. Coach Patterson proceeds to scream at Colin saying "You just got beat straight up by someone who isn't any good! What do you think it will be like when you go up against someone with a lick of talent!?" It definitely didn't make me feel good, but I didn't take it personally.

I am getting 20+ Twitter replies per minute. My tweet supporting Coach P has gone viral. Ridiculous. 99% of the replies are coming from people calling me a racist and saying my opinion is invalid since I am white.
which is precisely left, liberal narrative.

Mean Purple

This is why I have been somewhat skeptical of whether or not recruiting higher level talent can pay off for us.

I am not saying we can win championships and Big 12 titles with our MWC recruiting strategy of 2 stars and walk ons. But its not a stretch to say the better a player was in high school and the more attention he got nationally from big schools, the bigger ego he is going to have and the less hard he will think he will have to work when he gets to TCU. This can be toxic in terms of locker room cohesion.

Schools that stockpile 5* and 4* talent like Clemson, Ohio State, Alabama, LSU can get away with it because even if they miss on 10 of their 20 blue chip recruits, they still have 10 blue chip recruits. And when your entire 3 deep is blue chip recruits, you know that those 3rd stringers are going to have the chip on their shoulder. It's a bigger deal for someone like us, where if we get 6 blue chip recruits and miss on 3 of them, we only have 3.
You have direct experience, so I see your view on that alone. And it does seem like the frogs have had some players that have been acting in a soft way as we bring in the "more stars" recruits.

He dresses everyone down. It's his style. Like most people, he gets frustrated at times, just like you and me, and says things off the cuff out of frustration. Everyone is guilty of this. You have to learn not to take it personally.

My worst roasting was when we were doing 1 on 1s and I went up against Colin Jones and beat him over the top on a route. Coach Patterson proceeds to scream at Colin saying "You just got beat straight up by someone who isn't any good! What do you think it will be like when you go up against someone with a lick of talent!?" It definitely didn't make me feel good, but I didn't take it personally.
That's because you are not a thin-skinned snowflake.

I think Patterson survives, the amount of players supporting him is a very good sign. If he had done something egregious, he would already have resigned.
Think? I am not sure I follow. What did CGP do wrong? How about telling Dylan Jordan to have more respect, He has been told to shut up his foul mouth for days now, and when did his n-word bit again it reeked of clear disrespect. Uh, people who disrespect Patterson can start walking now.