• The KillerFrogs

Niko tweet

PhillyFrog

Executive Summary:

Gary used the slur in telling a player to stop using the slur.

[This message has been brought to you by the folks at Monty Python]

For those who may need a visual representation (looking at you, Niko):

hFVtpOn.gif

Eight

Sounds like the team already addressed it.

love the way the teams has responded and i would like to think there was a true conversation on this matter as players have posted on it

what is amazing is those who reply back solely over what words gary said and not the situation.

Travis Trucks

TT thanks for your insight, I trust someone who has had first hand experience rather than the twittersphere [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]

It's always people with the axes to grind.

If you have a beef you have two options - get over it, or make it worse.

I would say that there was no player that would beef at practice with Coach Patterson more than Joseph Turner. There were practices where the two were at each others throats. I always expected he would be kicked off the team based on how heated things would get, but he'd always be back, and fences would be mended. Joseph Turner learned to settle the differences inside the locker room, privately, not blasting it out on social media. There is nothing wrong with getting heated and passionate. Their beefs were almost always because JT was very competitive and being an offensive player would direct his competitive spirit against Patterson's defenses which naturally would lead to some scuffles between the players, and Patterson being Patterson, sticking up for his defenders.

Now Joseph Turner is a successful high school head coach and has nothing but positive things to say about Coach P and his time at TCU.

Other players are selfish and instead take their beefs outside of the locker room, which is a violation of team rules, and try to use mob justice from outsiders and character assassinations to get their way. Not good. I hate this trend.

Moose Stuff

love the way the teams has responded and i would like to think there was a true conversation on this matter as players have posted on it

what is amazing is those who reply back solely over what words gary said and not the situation.

The idea that repeating a word in an attempt to stop a kid from saying it could cause this big of a mess is unreal to me.

Moose Stuff

It's always people with the axes to grind.

If you have a beef you have two options - get over it, or make it worse.

I would say that there was no player that would beef at practice with Coach Patterson more than Joseph Turner. There were practices where the two were at each others throats. I always expected he would be kicked off the team based on how heated things would get, but he'd always be back, and fences would be mended. Joseph Turner learned to settle the differences inside the locker room, privately, not blasting it out on social media. There is nothing wrong with getting heated and passionate. Their beefs were almost always because JT was very competitive and being an offensive player would direct his competitive spirit against Patterson's defenses which naturally would lead to some scuffles between the players, and Patterson being Patterson, sticking up for his defenders.

Now Joseph Turner is a successful high school head coach and has nothing but positive things to say about Coach P and his time at TCU.

Other players are selfish and instead take their beefs outside of the locker room, which is a violation of team rules, and try to use mob justice from outsiders and character assassinations to get their way. Not good. I hate this trend.

Typical teenager is soft and entitled. It's only gonna get worse.

KTown Frog

It's like telling my 5 year old not to say the "F" word. If she slips up and says it, how else do i correct her on the word without saying the word. She'll probably tell her mom I said a bad word, then I'll get in trouble for it, haha

CountryFrog

If Gary has been consistent about his dislike of players using that word then it is not a new discussion for the guys who have been around. The players who respect his approach to this are much more likely to be understanding of what Gary was trying to do and forgiving since they know his motives. The ones who are pissed at him anyway for no playing time or yelling at them or whatever other reason will probably not but they're not going to be happy no matter what.

This can actually be a unifying thing for the team if its all handled right. Just don't do it again, Gary...

Eight

If Gary has been consistent about his dislike of players using that word then it is not a new discussion for the guys who have been around. The players who respect his approach to this are much more likely to be understanding of what Gary was trying to do and forgiving since they know his motives. The ones who are pissed at him anyway for whatever reason will probably not but they're not going to be happy no matter what.

This can actually be a unifying thing for the team of its all handled right. Just don't do it again, Gary...

agree country, look at the response from some of the teams leaders and this has a chance to be a growing moment for this team

this can also be a moment that can be effectively used in recruiting if handled properly and things are set right.

Travis Trucks

Niko sure does seem to have an axe to grind with GP, a la Listenbee. Seems like this isn't the first inflammatory tweet he's had about Gary.

Something that is not talked about which should be talked about is that it can be a challenge to transition from being a football player into real life, especially if you don't go to the NFL.

A lot of these guys have known nothing but playing football, so when they graduate, and are no longer playing football, its hard to know what to do next with your life. It can be frustrating, and some of these guys take their frustrations out on their past.

Even if you take your education seriously, and have a plan after graduation, it can still be a shock. For me, one minute I was celebrating a Rose Bowl win with my teammates, and the next minute, I was at the parking lot behind AGC Stadium, getting my luggage out of the luggage truck, and we all go our own ways. It was the weirdest feeling ever. I remember being at a restaurant with my dad the day we got back from the Rose Bowl and this feeling washed over me, like "now what?". It took me a good 2.5 years to find my way after graduating. And I am someone who was successful in class, got good grades, took my education seriously and had somewhat of a plan.

For some of these guys they didn't take education seriously, had no post college plan that didn't involve the NFL, and are stuck in neutral in their life. They have known nothing but football and for a lot of them, football was their escape and gave their life meaning. Now what? It can be frustrating, so some of these guys get upset and take out the fact that their post football life sucks on their former coaches.