• The KillerFrogs

PAC-12 may have more problems than COVID

SuperBarrFrog

Sports in general has lost my interest. I refuse to be insulted by professional millionaire athletes who take my watching their sports for granted. Now this.... it has been nice fellas but I am no longer playing the fool so they can get rich off me.

See ya in the gameday threads when football starts back up.

Awesome !! Kick their sorry buttts off the team and this CRAP will stop dead in its tracks !!

WSU is not infringing at all on their rights. The players have the right to play or not play under the rules set forth by the school and Coach. If they don't like those conditions and rules, just don't play !! Nobody's "rights" are being infringed upon like some of the lefties here on this board want you to believe because they are lefties who have no brains (such as ILLINIFROG, ASLEEP, and SUPERBARFROG on this board).

It is NOT a "right" to play college football. It is a privilege. If you don't want that privilege don't play. Nobody is stepping on anyone else's rights or forcing anyone to play.

Lefties are so galactlcly stupid.

Last edited:

SuperBarrFrog

Awesome !! Kick their sorry buttts off the team and this CRAP will stop dead in its tracks !!

WSU is not infringing at all on their rights. The players have the right to play or not play under the rules set forth by the school and Coach. If they don't like those conditions and rules, just don't play !! Nobody's "rights" are being infringed upon like some of the lefties here on this board want you to believe because they are lefties who have no brains.

It is NOT a "right" to play college football. It is a privilege. If you don't want that privilege don't play. Nobody is stepping on anyone else's rights or forcing anyone to play.

Lefties are so stupid.

Last I checked WSU is a public institution and likely cannot censor free speech; maybe one of the guys on here with a law degree can give us some insight. Gonna be hilarious to see all the folks who get mad about some racist student getting kicked outta private school for stupid racist tweets but will encourage the schools to kick these students off the football team.

Last edited:

SuperBarrFrog

Last I checked WSU is a public institution and likely cannot censor free speech; maybe one of guys on here with a law degree can give is some insight. Gonna be hilarious to see all the folks who get mad about some racist student getting kicked outta private school for stupid racist tweets but will encourage the schools to kick these students off the football team.

Hemingway

Can’t we vote as many times as we want this election? I’ve got people trying to sign me up to vote by mail everyday.

Here we go President Deez Nutz! Number 46

Eight

don't know much about rolovich other than he is new and came from hawaii

have heard wazzu's athletic department is in big financial problems.

BABYFACE

Thanks for the clarification. They also have the right to make any demands they want to play. The schools have the right to accept or deny those demands. I imagine, like most negotiations, they will meet in the middle somewhere.

No. They do not have the right to make demands. They can make them, but not a right. An athletic scholarship is not ongoing negotiation of demands. They either play or they can choose to go elsewhere. That simple.

If it is so undesirable deal, then athletes will not sign a LOI.

BABYFACE

Last I checked WSU is a public institution and likely cannot censor free speech; maybe one of the guys on here with a law degree can give us some insight. Gonna be hilarious to see all the folks who get mad about some racist student getting kicked outta private school for stupid racist tweets but will encourage the schools to kick these students off the football team.

While they cannot censor free speech, there are team rules and we’re they violated? One can say what ever they want but could face repercussions If egregious. A player at TCU can tell GP to go $&#€ himself and TCU. While that was within free speech, GP will most kick said player off the team.

CountryFrog

Thanks for the clarification. They also have the right to make any demands they want to play. The schools have the right to accept or deny those demands. I imagine, like most negotiations, they will meet in the middle somewhere.
Negotiations? Is there a players union now in college sports?

I haven't read through this specific list of demands but in general I'm fully on the side of these players being given more benefits. I'm just having a hard time seeing where the players have much leverage to make demands. Certainly as you have said they obviously have the right to ask. I don't think anyone disputes that. When you go from asking to demanding though then that does carry a little extra meaning that may not actually be helpful to them since they don't have a union.

Zubaz

I haven't read through this specific list of demands but in general I'm fully on the side of these players being given more benefits. I'm just having a hard time seeing where the players have much leverage to make demands. Certainly as you have said they obviously have the right to ask. I don't think anyone disputes that. When you go from asking to demanding though then that does carry a little extra meaning that may not actually be helpful to them since they don't have a union.
be1d667c-0de0-455d-86ec-22a801e85a03_text.gif ebc06b38-b827-4f9c-ba0a-9d03deb8ce47_text.gif

Last edited:

SuperBarrFrog

I would imagine they will be in a union before too long; Northwestern already got the ball rolling on that a few years ago. The player empowerment is moving, it certainly wouldn’t surprise me at all.

SuperBarrFrog

Opt out? Ok. Pack up, move out and get off campus and best of luck to you.
That’s a great policy if you wanna attract top recruits. No matter how much you guys hate it, most of the demands are totally reasonable and will likely be adopted by major schools. The revenue sharing stuff isn’t gonna happen but everything else seems doable and logical. The times they are a changing.

LVH

That’s a great policy if you wanna attract top recruits. No matter how much you guys hate it, most of the demands are totally reasonable and will likely be adopted by major schools. The revenue sharing stuff isn’t gonna happen but everything else seems doable and logical. The times they are a changing.

You are missing the point.

You want to opt out of the season for "health concerns" due to COVID? Fine. Do that, but just realize, if you are truly that worried about your safety, you don't get to use the facilities, locker room, weight room, or get to work out with the team.

That's what Washington State is doing. They aren't punishing these players for speaking out. They are saying, if you are not going to participate in this season, we are not going to waste our time and resources on you and let you participate in team activities. That is what is happening here