• The KillerFrogs

SEC to play 10 game conf-only schedule

Horny4TCU

The only good I see coming from this, is possibly a playoff with more than 4 teams.

... But I'm not in charge, this could be wishful thinking.

CryptoMiner

This has been common knowledge for over a week. The Big 12 presidents meet Monday. Stay tuned.

Everyone knew there was discussions but not sure it was reported there was a tentative agreement in place. Anyway it definitely contradicts the no plus one people.

Who knows what will happen but the current plan is plus one.

CountryFrog

we joke about drinking too much alcohol all the time and that has killed many more people than covid
Plus within my joke was a mention of lung cancer which has killed, I don't know, 1 million times the people that COVID has? 20 million times? Who knows.

Yet it's COVID that I shouldn't joke about. Who gives a flying scheiss about lung cancer?

From Reddit:

The University of Alabama announces student ticket refunds

renderTimingPixel.png

News
Just received this email:

Dear UA Student,

The Southeastern Conference announced last week that the 2020 football season will consist of ten conference games and that play will begin on September 26.

The exact schedule for each school is still to be determined. Regardless, the ticket package you purchased in April will be impacted by the change. As a result, the Alabama Athletics Ticket Office will refund your purchase. Refunds will be processed within the next 1-2 weeks to the card used for the original purchase. Please note there is no need to request a refund as it will be processed automatically.

While we do not have specific information to share regarding overall stadium capacity at this time, we do know it will be significantly reduced. A new student ticket sales process will be announced at a later date as the schedule, capacity and other details surrounding the 2020 season are finalized.

Thank you for your patience and your support as we continue to navigate through these uncharted waters. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the ticket office at xxxx or xxxx.

CryptoMiner

Likewise, expect the Big 12 to either bring in BYU for one year, go to a conference semifinal + championship format, or allow a single buy game.

The die is cast. This is going to be a conference only season, and the AAC, MWC, MAC, CUSA, WAC and Sun Belt are likely to follow next week. Even if the Big 12 allows a +1 OOC game, expect TCU to bring in a body bag FCS—and certainly not go on the road.

Or not

TCUdirtbag

I literally told you 9+1 is on the table as one of the options under consideration. We’ll see how everyone schedules the +1, but it would be very stupid for anyone to go on the road for their +1. The media contract only applies to home games. TCU is certainly going the buy game route.

As to G5’s, maybe they won’t follow suit. But it’s August 4 and if you think anything is set in stone, you live in a cave.

Last edited: