• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

dawg

Yeah, I'm bummed too. [ "illegitimate Baylor boys" ]. At least when Fox had the rights they broadcast the Final on big Fox; infinitely more exposure for the FA Cup and footy in general than a fledgling streaming service. Now that CBS has rights to the CL, I won't be surprised if they move most of the matches to All-Access. [ "illegitimate Baylor boys" ].

As for today's action... On talent Chelsea have a clear edge. Chelsea's strikers against Arsenal's comic back line terrifies me. On intestinal fortitude, Chelsea have an edge (Arsenal's capitulation in Baku last season had all the backbone of a chocolate eclair.) Manager...call it a wash. But then again, I thought the same before the 2017 FA Cup Final and last week's semi vs City. So who knows? Who'd a thunk David Luiz would have put in one of the performances of the season two weeks ago? It'll either be 2-1 Arsenal or 4-1 Chelsea.

Chongo94

I thought y’all had ESPN+...?

I’m watching. Lampard decided to start Mount and Pulisic, which is far better than just one or the other as he’s done at times. Pulisic has already scored within the first 8 minutes. Kepa is on the bench...it’s amazing how he has not succeeded as he was great in Spain. Also pretty sure Chelsea is just gonna violently abuse FFP with all their moves and supposed moves this year...lame.

Arsenal started as if they were still asleep as usual but have since grown into the game. They have weird Mexican gangster calligraphy numbers and script on the jerseys today. Chelsea also has a weird “3” looking number on the front of theirs...maybe it was explained but I didn’t hear it.

Chongo94

Speaking of ESPN+....I was vehemently against it and still am, even though I use it often now.

I only got it when Disney+ offered it for cheap in a bundle. Thought that was the only way I’d do it.

I’m fearful of the Bundesliga coming to espn though. ESPN’s coverage of Serie A is basically to air the games and one European produced highlight show. The Bundesliga had all those great shows on Fox and I wonder if they will make it over to ESPN...I doubt it.

Anyway, maybe see if y’all can get it in a bundle option if you’re interested.

Chongo94

Yeah, I'm bummed too. [ "illegitimate Baylor boys" ]. At least when Fox had the rights they broadcast the Final on big Fox; infinitely more exposure for the FA Cup and footy in general than a fledgling streaming service. Now that CBS has rights to the CL, I won't be surprised if they move most of the matches to All-Access. [ "illegitimate Baylor boys" ].

As for today's action... On talent Chelsea have a clear edge. Chelsea's strikers against Arsenal's comic back line terrifies me. On intestinal fortitude, Chelsea have an edge (Arsenal's capitulation in Baku last season had all the backbone of a chocolate eclair.) Manager...call it a wash. But then again, I thought the same before the 2017 FA Cup Final and last week's semi vs City. So who knows? Who'd a thunk David Luiz would have put in one of the performances of the season two weeks ago? It'll either be 2-1 Arsenal or 4-1 Chelsea.

I have a feeling CBS’ coverage of the Champions League will be absolutely horror inducing laughable....if we even get to see the games because as you said, they’ll air them on some stupid paid access streaming thing ugh.

Chongo94

Azpilicueta is off injured. He was the one that gave up the penalty.

Christiansen on...

Auba starting to get in behind Chelsea with some regularity.

Chongo94

Halftime. Surprisingly, Chelsea looks worse defensively than Arsenal.

Arsenal started to assert control the last 15-20 minutes. Goal was basically an over the top opportunity that led to a penalty. Also had a goal by Pepe ruled offside.

Last edited:

Chongo94

Pulisic just pulled his hamstring and it looks bad. Went down immediately grabbing and screaming.

He was just helped off and wincing badly. They took him straight to the locker room.

I’m afraid he may be fairly injury prone, sadly.

Pedro is on.

Chongo94

sonofabitch

Here's his goal....

Yeah, great goal. He’s so good. It just seems he’s a bit fragile at the moment dangit. Maybe he’ll grow into his physicality more and the injuries will trail off...?

That hamstring pull looked bad though. He immediately grabbed at it and just collapsed. Looks like this injury may be a long one, sigh.

Moose Stuff

Yeah, great goal. He’s so good. It just seems he’s a bit fragile at the moment dangit. Maybe he’ll grow into his physicality more and the injuries will trail off...?

That hamstring pull looked bad though. He immediately grabbed at it and just collapsed. Looks like this injury may be a long one, sigh.

New season not far off in the future either.

Chongo94

67 minutes in...Chelsea are starting to dominate possession, and Arsenal aren’t challenging much until just now where Arsenal scores a goal off of great movement where Auba finishes it off. Bellerin sliced through the midfield to start it all.

2-1, Arsenal.

Chongo94

DAMN, second yellow for Kovacic so now they’re down a man and have had 2 starters injured and subbed off.

May have been a bit weak on the card but is what it is.

74 minutes in, 2-1, Arsenal, and Chelsea is a man down.