• The KillerFrogs

Study says TCU will struggle to stay open as compared to other schools

HFrog1999

Steel walks or jogs Smu daily. Sometimes multiple times per day.

tenor.gif

Horny4TCU

We need a Law School and Medical School. Working towards the latter, but we need more PhD programs. And a Law School and Medical School would at least help us get on the same level as Baylor and SMEW... I hate that we don't have those programs and they do.

Edit. Even Tech has those and they don't even have students with IQs...

Dogfrog

We need a Law School and Medical School. Working towards the latter, but we need more PhD programs. And a Law School and Medical School would at least help us get on the same level as Baylor and SMEW... I hate that we don't have those programs and they do.

We have a med school. Started last year. Personally don’t think a law school is needed.

Eight

will post the links to two articles from the online wsj. apologize if you don't have an account to access, but you can get the jest of the articles from the openings

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-...es-are-expected-11596027600?mod=hp_lista_pos1

https://www.wsj.com/articles/what-w...Id=3&cx_testVariant=cx_2&cx_artPos=5#cxrecs_s

know when i go my linkedin page for the business the majority of the ads seem to be for online mba and college classes.

curious crossroads here as one of the big complaints in the portland and seattle areas for some time has been wage disparity and how some with college degrees (granted, an anthropology degree sounds more fun to get than practical) can't find jobs that will pay a high enough wage to live in the pnw while others grow rich.

sure some of these same protesters are against colleges reopening, but if we see colleges begin to close exactly how will they bridge that income gap?

possibly hard work and creativity i guess

JogginFrog

When you dig into the data, the difference between SMU and TCU in his analysis is almost fully centered on instructional wages per student, with SMU's being much higher at $14,250 than TCU's $9,823. Both schools are lower-vulnerability due to healthy endowments and near-average percentages of international students. In terms of value, both have identical experience and credential scores. The remaining component of value is education, for which wages-per-student is a key element.

This comes back to the earlier discussion of whether it's a good thing that TCU is able to attract and retain quality faculty at lower-than-average wages. The assumption of the model is that TCU is overpriced relative to spending on faculty, which is sufficient to push it into the "Struggle" quadrant instead of "Thrive"--simply because faculty are willing to sacrifice some pay to be at TCU.

One scenario: The bubble will burst for Challenged schools as the international market goes elsewhere. Newly out-of-work faculty push wages lower across the board (with some faculty going overseas to serve the international market). TCU can't reduce wages as much as others but it will move closer to the market average as other schools cut pay. TCU's adjustments may fall to a combination of program/plant/tuition reduction.

steelfrog

Tier 1

We had a chance at a law school and the morons in charge whiffed. There won’t be a second chance.