• The KillerFrogs

Anyone remember P Tejay Antone...

Punter1

Pitched for us for one season in 2013 in a couple games, transferred to Weatherford JC (because of our deep staff) and got drafted the following season. Kinda a reverse Jake Arrietta...

Is making his MLB debut tonight against the Cubs and is looking great. Big arm with a nice curve....

G

Ghost of Tobys Business College

I do, but largely because he's on my list of players that once played for TCU that I use to maintain my TCU sportscard collection. I have almost all of his cards.

Punter1

Could our coaching staff have missed on this guy? Don't remember him.

Those staffs were so loaded with experienced, high level arms that produced I think it's hard to say we missed on him. I think he was a late bloomer that gained some velocity and got bigger and stronger after getting drafted. I actually give Schloss props for being honest with him that he probably would just be a bullpen guy the following year and allowing him to explore other options...rather than lying to him, trying just to keep him on campus.

He really didn't pitch that great at Weatherford JC in his lone season there...the Reds were drafting on strictly potential (as they all do I guess) but more so with Antone.