• The KillerFrogs

SI: Seahawks Release Joey Hunt, Trim Roster to 80 Players

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
SI: Seahawks Release Joey Hunt, Trim Roster to 80 Players

By Corbin Smith

Headlining Seattle's plethora of roster moves, the team parted ways with veteran center Joey Hunt and defensive end Branden Jackson. By releasing both players, the Seahawks will create north of $4 million in cap space, putting the team at an estimated $18.7 million above the cap.

Seattle also waived seven players, including guards Jordan Roos and Khalil McKenzie, running back Patrick Carr, tight end Dominic Wood-Anderson, receiver Seth Dawkins, safety Jordan Norwood, and linebacker Sutton Smith.

Read more at https://www.si.com/.amp-seahawks/nf...ckson-and-joey-hunt-trim-roster-to-80-players

TRF51

Didn't they just give him an extension or didn't he just sign a new contract? Either way i am sure he will land somewhere else. He is not paid a lot and he was a starter, interesting move for sure.

Eight

Didn't they just give him an extension or didn't he just sign a new contract? Either way i am sure he will land somewhere else. He is not paid a lot and he was a starter, interesting move for sure.

hawks have done this a number of times the past few years cutting players and bringing in cheaper replacements in their office line.

consider they went from max unger to britt i believe and then hunt.

as far as the extension unless there was a good amount of it being guaranteed money that really doesn't mean much in regards to job security

ftwfrog

He signed a restricted agent contract in April for 2.1 million, but he only gets that money if he makes the team. He’s started a ton of games over the past 3 years, but the Seattle OLine isn’t known for being world beaters the past few years. Here’s hoping he catches on somewhere and gets paid.