• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Duggan on Maxwell Award Watch List

asleep003

Reagor was open all the time, go back and watch some of the stuff on YouTube with scouts breaking down his film, he was a great WR and was doubled or even tripled a lot. Max had a hard time throwing him a lot of accurate balls. I get Max will be great but he was a below average division one qb last year. His saving grace was he was a hell of a runner.
You pretty much made my point. Was at Purdue game on the 50 yard line 30 rows up ! Saw exactly how they played him. You just don't need your Tfr QB throwing to often to a double teamed player. several games he rarely got open ... now you can point to the OC for that ... but he was well covered in several of our games.

nwlafrog

Reagor was open all the time, go back and watch some of the stuff on YouTube with scouts breaking down his film, he was a great WR and was doubled or even tripled a lot. Max had a hard time throwing him a lot of accurate balls. I get Max will be great but he was a below average division one qb last year. His saving grace was he was a hell of a runner.

Good point *TheReagorFamily51”

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Oh, but what heart. Amongst the "Intangibles" listed on his dossier, I'm sure there is a bullet point: -Doesn't like to lose. He also is a natural leader, inspiring the rest of the guys to do just that little bit more than they think they can. Coaches can scream about that all day long, but it's the guys in the huddle with you that you can't let down.

I truly hope that, somehow, with all this spare time the Plague panic and lockdown has provided, some savant has sketched up an offensive plan that takes advantage of these strengths and channel them into an unstoppable juggernaut...

Eight

Not sure how that's your takeaway from the stats and article above. He wasn't perfect, but damn if he didn't show potential. Overthrown were his worst problem, but i would take those 10/10 times over underthrows. He ended up with 10 interceptions I believe, but he was running for his life because our O-line was literally playing matador with the defenses. Give him time in the pocket and he'll be golden.

you get recruited because you have potential, but to be considered an effective player you have to be consistent and max struggled to consistently throw the football last year.

funny thing is that website that said tcu has the two best returning safeties in the country also gave the frogs offensive line pretty solid numbers in pass protection

in fact, if you look at the numbers of max he struggled at times when he wasn't under pressure and was fairly effective throwing on the move

he did get hurt from drops and we don't know how many times routes were wrong, but he also left a great deal of meat of bone by missing open receivers from game 1 all the way until the end

FrogCop19

you get recruited because you have potential, but to be considered an effective player you have to be consistent and max struggled to consistently throw the football last year.

funny thing is that website that said tcu has the two best returning safeties in the country also gave the frogs offensive line pretty solid numbers in pass protection

in fact, if you look at the numbers of max he struggled at times when he wasn't under pressure and was fairly effective throwing on the move

he did get hurt from drops and we don't know how many times routes were wrong, but he also left a great deal of meat of bone by missing open receivers from game 1 all the way until the end
Fair enough. Never said he was flawless, I'm just excited to see where he goes over the next couple of years.

Eight

Fair enough. Never said he was flawless, I'm just excited to see where he goes over the next couple of years.

plenty of reasons to be excited about his future and nothing wrong with exuberance.

max had some great moments and a few great games last year. he just seemed to get too excited on the deep ball and missed some big throws.

as someone pointed out, the plan wasn't for him to start, but as we all know plans are worth [ Finebaum ] a good part of the time and a big key to the frogs future the next 2-3 seasons rests on his development

TRF51

You pretty much made my point. Was at Purdue game on the 50 yard line 30 rows up ! Saw exactly how they played him. You just don't need your Tfr QB throwing to often to a double teamed player. several games he rarely got open ... now you can point to the OC for that ... but he was well covered in several of our games.

I remember a number of throws that were not accurate that sailed over Reagors head when he was wide open. Max will be good but he was not good last year. Some of that was on his WRs, a lot of it was on his OC (still don’t understand how he still has a job), but the rest is on Max. If we play this year I would expect him to significantly improve and be one of the better qbs in the league.

Moose Stuff

I remember a number of throws that were not accurate that sailed over Reagors head when he was wide open. Max will be good but he was not good last year. Some of that was on his WRs, a lot of it was on his OC (still don’t understand how he still has a job), but the rest is on Max. If we play this year I would expect him to significantly improve and be one of the better qbs in the league.

And when he significantly improves and becomes one of the better QBs in the league you can thank his QB coach (and have a big part of your answer for why that OC still has a job).

TRF51

And when he significantly improves and becomes one of the better QBs in the league you can thank his QB coach (and have a big part of your answer for why that OC still has a job).

He may do a better job as a QB Coach then a play caller, maybe that is where he should be and someone else should develop the game plan and call the plays.

asleep003

Dalton's Rfr year and Max's Tfr year are very similar except the competition for Max's games was a bit more severe ... plus he didn't get near the reps going into his Tfr year as Andy got for his Rfr year.

Andy... had a 59% pass comp. rate and 10 TD's to 11 ints.ratio
Max.... had a 53% pass comp. rate and 15 TD's to 10 ints ratio.

Andy...rushed for 232 yds at 2.4 yds/pc and 5 TDs
Max....rushed for 555 yds at 4.3 yds/pc and 6 TDs

So it would appear we have at least another Dalton, at a minimum in our ranks.

But curious(if the season kicks off) who might win the #3 spot, as comfortable with Downing as our #2 .....

Last edited: