• The KillerFrogs

5 star recruit MARCEL BROOKS to play strong Safety

CryptoMiner

His parents want him at Safety. He wants safety. Everyone advising his wants him at Safety.

When he was recruited to LSU he was originally a safety. With the depth at that position he was able to get early PT as a pass rushing LBer which he ended up enjoying and making some big plays for the Tigers.

But as to what his parents think as you suggest.

Is his dad still in Virginia? Just curious since you have obviously talked to him. Not sure Dominique has a strong opinion either way but his little sister Zion may as she is the one who really wanted him at LSU instead of Alabama.

Mean Purple

So you reported me to the same people who created/allow the picture I posted? Interesting strategy.
Isn't there a special rule that gives you trophy points when we report you?

Man, if people are gonna report over things like that, they'd cry over the replies you sent me and others.
I, however, consider them trophies. I wear that [ Finebaum ] like a championship buckle!

PhillyFrog

When he was recruited to LSU he was originally a safety. With the depth at that position he was able to get early PT as a pass rushing LBer which he ended up enjoying and making some big plays for the Tigers.

But as to what his parents think as you suggest.

Is his dad still in Virginia? Just curious since you have obviously talked to him. Not sure Dominique has a strong opinion either way but his little sister Zion may as she is the one who really wanted him at LSU instead of Alabama.

I've been meaning to ask you about something that's been bugging me a little about Brooks. Take a look at Boyd's potshot below about "Worst reputation for a recruit I've heard in a long time."

Do you have any insight on that, or is it just a case of his having heard some motivated hearsay from Herman's staff?

CryptoMiner

I've been meaning to ask you about something that's been bugging me a little about Brooks. Take a look at Boyd's potshot below about "Worst reputation for a recruit I've heard in a long time."

Do you have any insight on that, or is it just a case of his having heard some motivated hearsay from Herman's staff?

He spent his freshman season (HS) in Virginia living with his dad and really struggled. He ended up getting kicked off the football team in VA for grades and skipping classes.

This was after his parents split and his mom was in FW. He grew up in Cali (dad was a military guy) and moved around a lot. Middle school in FW (Monnig) and then came back from VA to enroll at Nolan after getting a scholarship from them. This move really got him back on track grade-wise. His mom had to switch jobs and he moved with her to Flower Mound for his junior year.

I think there are 5 or 6 kids in the family and they are split between VA & DFW.

FM coaches there really took him in and gave him a lot of support. Think they all speak very highly of him.

I think most people who say he had off-field issues point to his time in Virginia. Some other rumors but obviously but no one backed off on him and UT coaches probably bad mouthed him as he really didn't pay much attention to them. Was down to Alabama & LSU and Saban keeps close tabs on players reps. There were no issues at LSU.

Wow ! Great post CRYTO !! You are right on the money. Don't know where you get your info but it is really accurate. Nice post. You are so much smarter than the rest of the Macaroons on this board. I might just add a few other tidbits to your post that you either are not aware of, or you just did not put them in there.

BROOKS
1) Yes he had some issues prior to his senior year in HS but nothing so alarming as to constitute criminal behavior at all (opposite sex abuse, hitting a woman, theft, etc). Just breaking some team rules that we all do in HS. He is a good kid.

2) Was model citizen at LSU. Was considered a big future defensive star at LSU before he decided to transfer. He is leaving LSU because he knows he has no NFL future at LB. He has to play safety and LSU was resisting that. Brooks and his family know (correctly) that if he plays LB he isn't going to get drafted by NFL.

3) His teammates in HS and college love him. He was and is a great teammate.

4) He flatly turned down UT and Faylor, so the fans there are trying very hard to dig up anything negative on him, in order to make themselves feel better about an elite player telling them to pound sand, which is very depressing them unless they can make it look like he is damaged goods and a bad kid.

5) He hates the Faylor HC who is the guy who constantly harassed him at LSU to gain weight and play a position he didn't want to play. He can't wait to beat the snot outta Faylor and tell ARANDA after the game to go pizzazz up a rope. He also hates UT, and while he doesn't hate TTech, he thinks they are pathetic bottom feeders these days.

EVANS
1) HUGE MISCONCEPTION about him getting booted off the team prior to playoff game his senior year. It is completely ignored or totally unknown that he had a very sick relative in the hospital that he loves very much and he was worried about that person. That is why he did not want to give up his cell phone.

2) His HC in HS is a control freak who has been complained about to the District by multiple parents for being too harsh with his players. That fact goes completely unreported by other schools fans. HIs HS Coach admitted later that he probably didn't handle that situation well and he also admitted that EVANS is basically a good kid with no behavior or grade issues at all.

3) His HS teammates love him and (still) look up to him (ask current Tcu player STEWART).

4) But FACTS don't fit the narrative that other teams fans want to portray that any great recruit TCU gets, must be damaged goods. Otherwise those same teams (like Faylor and Tech) would have to make the very depressing admission that Tcu is out-recruiting the livin crap outta them.

Now you know......the rest of the story.

Atomic Frawg

Wow ! Great post CRYTO !! You are right on the money. Don't know where you get your info but it is really accurate. Nice post. You are so much smarter than the rest of the Macaroons on this board. I might just add a few other tidbits to your post that you either are not aware of, or you just did not put them in there.

BROOKS
1) Yes he had some issues prior to his senior year in HS but nothing so alarming as to constitute criminal behavior at all (opposite sex abuse, hitting a woman, theft, etc). Just breaking some team rules that we all do in HS. He is a good kid.

2) Was model citizen at LSU. Was considered a big future defensive star at LSU before he decided to transfer. He is leaving LSU because he knows he has no NFL future at LB. He has to play safety and LSU was resisting that. Brooks and his family know (correctly) that if he plays LB he isn't going to get drafted by NFL.

4) He flatly turned down UT and Faylor, so the fans there are trying very hard to dig up anything negative on him, in order to make themselves feel better about an elite player telling them to pound sand, which is very depressing them unless they can make it look like he is damaged goods and a bad kid.

5) He hates the Faylor HC who is the guy who constantly harassed him at LSU to gain weight and play a position he didn't want to play. He can't wait to beat the snot outta Faylor and tell ARANDA after the game to go pizzazz up a rope. He also hates UT, and while he doesn't hate TTech, he thinks they are pathetic bottom feeders these days.

EVANS
1) HUGE MISCONCEPTION about him getting booted off the team prior to playoff game his senior year. It is completely ignored or totally unknown that he had a very sick relative in the hospital that he loves very much and he was worried about that person. That is why he did not want to give up his cell phone.

2) His HC in HS is a control freak who has been complained about to the District by multiple parents for being too harsh with his players. That fact goes completely unreported by other schools fans. HIs HS Coach admitted later that he probably didn't handle that situation well and he also admitted that EVANS is basically a good kid with no behavior or grade issues at all.

3) His HS teammates love him and (still) look up to him (ask current Tcu player STEWART).

4) But FACTS don't fit the narrative that other teams fans want to portray that any great recruit TCU gets, must be damaged goods. Otherwise those same teams (like Faylor and Tech) would have to make the very depressing admission that Tcu is out-recruiting the livin crap outta them.

All, or part of this may be true, or untrue. Either people will believe it, or they won't. If they don't believe what you post you don't have to take it personal. You can either stand corrected, or stand by your info. But you are much too easy to bait.

CryptoMiner

All, or part of this may be true, or untrue. Either people will believe it, or they won't. If they don't believe what you post you don't have to take it personal. You can either stand corrected, or stand by your info. But you are much too easy to bait.

I am ashamed of his agreement.

Moose Stuff

BROOKS

EVANS

Point #1 on Evans is a widely known fact.