• The KillerFrogs

Dallas county no football

jake102

I mean our government funds all sorts of looney [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]. More money on the military than the entire rest of the world combined. I feel like we can spare a few bucks for the poor and needy.

So we should just give up then? That's not a very compelling argument. At some point, for gods sake, we need to reign it in.

Mean Purple

So do county judges have power now? Or are they still powerless? I can't keep up
I am familiar with the codes they are relying on and there are limitations on "control measures."
But it is a matter of whether the AG and Gov are willing to wade the politics and put the county health authorities back on their rightful leash. I think the health authority (as recognized by code) likley checked with the public school districts first. If a school district challenged the order, the school district would likely prevail. Other business interests started looking into this pretty in depth. Did not take long, the designation of the person as a health authroity ties it to the other part of code regarding the limitations.

Oddly enough, the county health officials do have some authority in a pandemic, while the county judges have way less than they claim to have. I'm sure that is a tough pill for some of the arrogant ones to swallow.

OmniscienceFrog

I knew exactly what you meant. My post was tongue in cheek. And you're either unbelievably naive or being purposefully partisan if you don't think there's a 100% chance that the way the media covers this virus will change the second Biden is elected.
Nah, there's no conspiracy by the mainstream media to make sure Trump loses to Biden. None at all. :rolleyes: