• The KillerFrogs

Dallas county no football

jake102

Online only school is generally not a huge problem for middle class and above suburban families with easy access to internet, libraries, computers, etc. It becomes a major burden on lower-class families, especially the ones who are in the free lunch programs. I know they already dealt with this in the spring but it’ll be ... interesting ... to see how the DISD adapts since they’ll be way more impacted than your Frisco ISD or whatever.

Just like a lot of progressive ideas, the burden is often left with the ones who can afford it least. COVID sucks for a lot of people, but it REALLY sucks for our lower class. Keeping schools closed for another semester would be a disaster for those kids and families

Dogfrog

Just like a lot of progressive ideas, the burden is often left with the ones who can afford it least. COVID sucks for a lot of people, but it REALLY sucks for our lower class. Keeping schools closed for another semester would be a disaster for those kids and families

Agree, there is a decent percent of kids that would be expected to stay in quarantine, but would not be hanging around the house. Many will be in real danger of just getting lost in the shuffle IMO.

TX_Krötenechse

Are you calling COVID a progressive idea

Eight

It won't be magic. It'll be science.

tumblr_pdqbnaG6VI1rpf3pso4_400.gif

Moose Stuff

I meant about the virus going away magically after the election, as if the world is conspiring against trump to stop him from being re-elected.

I knew exactly what you meant. My post was tongue in cheek. And you're either unbelievably naive or being purposefully partisan if you don't think there's a 100% chance that the way the media covers this virus will change the second Biden is elected.

Last edited:

asleep003

I knew exactly what you meant. My post was tongue in cheek. And you're either unbelievably naive or being purposefully partisan if you don't think there's a 100% chance that the way the media covers this virus will change the second Biden is elected.
says ... The Donald of KFc.

TX_Krötenechse

No, but the idea the government can fund society indefinitely certainly is.
I mean our government funds all sorts of looney [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]. More money on the military than the entire rest of the world combined. I feel like we can spare a few bucks for the poor and needy.

ironically it also would have been much less expensive in the long run if we had totally shut down for a month and given every adult a few grand to make up for the loss of income.

Eight

I mean our government funds all sorts of looney [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]. More money on the military than the entire rest of the world combined. I feel like we can spare a few bucks for the poor and needy.

ironically it also would have been much less expensive in the long run if we had totally shut down for a month and given every adult a few grand to make up for the loss of income.

why would we have shut down for a month?

Wexahu

Are you saying we don't already spare a few bucks for the poor and needy?

As for your second paragraph, LOL. And what would totally shutting down for a month have given us? As soon as we come out of our locked homes (as if that is even an option) and start living again, we find out the virus is still here, people are going to get it, and some people are even going to die from it. Then what do we do? Shut it down again?