• The KillerFrogs

Potential opponents to replace CAL and PV

asleep003

One potential replacement could be UNLV who had their CAL and ASU match ups cancelled due to PAC12 decision to have in league games only. UNLV's opening week and week 3 are presently available.

Last edited:

CardFrog

Playing AGAINST a Justin Rogers led UNLV. That would suck. I don't think they would win, but, if I were to be honest, part of me would be pulling for him to have a great game.
That is if he starts, read somewhere that he is second in line presently and last years starter is transferring so he would have potentially been 3rd. I am with you pulling for Justin but doubt he will be their starter if we play them,.

LVH

If you get the chance to play the first game in a brand new billion dollar stadium, you take it. The publicity would be worth it.

WhatTheFrog

If you get the chance to play the first game in a brand new billion dollar stadium, you take it. The publicity would be worth it.
I agree, regardless of the opponent. A win would be ideal in that situation, in case anyone wasn't aware. Would also be the answer to a trivia question.

JR still has DROP FOOT. It still hasn't healed. All of you here who think he is just fine and on to a new adventure with a new foot now, are DEAD WRONG !

His drop foot isn't healed and it never will be it appears.

If he is the starter he will be limping around the field.

He has medical clearance to play however, it is like playing with a knee to ankle cast on your leg and a broken foot that is wrapped up in bandages.

Personally I think he needs to retire, but UNLV is going to try to roll him out there as the 2nd stringer because of his former high recruit ranking, which of course UNLV is excited about because they never ever get that high of a recruit. So UNLV is willing to roll the dice on his health and send him out on the field even though they know the injury is still severe.

He should not be out there with that kind of handicap. His chances of getting hurt very badly (again) and then having to limp the rest of his life are high in my opinion.

He also is not able to win the starter position at UNLV due to his foot. Even UNLV coaches see that his foot is screwed up - still.

JR has no chance to be a decent college QB in my view. Im not a medical expert by any means, but he is immobile to an extreme degree.

That means he has to depend on his passing and analytical skills in order to quickly and accurately instantly recognize the pass defenses and which of his receivers is open and then put the ball precisely in a very tight and narrow spot.

None of the above qualities and QB skills apply to JR. He can't do any of them well. In fact he can't do any of them at all, in my opinion.
JR's strength in High School (prior to his injury) was to be a Trevone Boykin clone and run around like a crazy man with great speed and great moves and make plays on the run, none of which he can do now.

His huge weakness in High School was in recognizing defenses and putting passes into tight windows, which he never had to do because he had All-World WR TERRANCE MARSHALL who caught any ball that was merely in his general Zip Code, which made JR's mediocre to poor passing ability look waaaaay waaaaay better than it actually was.

JR's running ability is what made him a 4 star QB in HS. Not his passing. Colleges loved his scrambling ability but thought (erroneously) that they could improve his passing. Now, all JR has is his passing and unfortunately for multiple reasons he just isn't a good passer at all. Sad.

ifrog

The misogynist who started a thread about how there won't be college football in the fall is now starting threads about who our opponents should be in the fall. Makes sense.
Moose again takes his job as the hall monitor here too seriously. Apparently if someone disagrees with you politically, you are going to be a [ Craig James] in the sports forum as well?