• The KillerFrogs

Dominic Richardson to Okie St

MTfrog5

From the Oklahoman..

“My feelings toward it was Dominic committed to TCU, I felt that TCU didn’t commit completely to him,” said Dominic’s mom, Danita. “I stressed to Dominic when he got a little bit discouraged about going somewhere else what a commitment meant. You stick with it. Dominic stuck it through and kept his word. But TCU, there was total miscommunication toward the end.

“They moved on without Dominic and Dominic didn’t know. He was the last one to find out. I feel like (coach Gary) Patterson could have at least given him a call to give him a heads up on it. He never bothered to call him and I feel like that was a lack of respect for Dominic.”

TCU was also skeptical of Richardson’s academics. With the COVID-19 pandemic, his options to improve his test scores were limited. He said he is now clear at OSU.

If he didn’t get in to TCU, that’s not the coaches fault. Evans came available and took him. They weren’t going to be caught not getting a top back in the class. I don’t care what he says. He didn’t get in. JC knew in January about transcript issues and classes not transferring to his new school. Again TCU wasn’t going to just not get a RB. Kid is just making [ Finebaum ] up to make the situation look worse for TCU. Been going on for awhile. If you can’t get into the school, you’ve known for longer than indicated that what happened was possible.

Froggish

If he didn’t get in to TCU, that’s not the coaches fault. Evans came available and took him. They weren’t going to be caught not getting a top back in the class. I don’t care what he says. He didn’t get in. JC knew in January about transcript issues and classes not transferring to his new school. Again TCU wasn’t going to just not get a RB. Kid is just making [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] up to make the situation look worse for TCU. Been going on for awhile. If you can’t get into the school, you’ve known for longer than indicated that what happened was possible.

I agree...He left us no choice and we had to take another back. Obviously Evans was going to be a take no matter what. I do think if we really wanted him, and he really wanted to be a Frog, he would have been here. Things clearly fell apart when he didn’t have the academics and Luper left.

I think the Luper piece has as much to do with it as anything else.

Paul in uhh

When you have the chance to land one of the best RBs in the nation not for just this class but over the last several, you do it. No questions asked.

Hell Sent Frog

Who cares what Richardson and the Okie State fans think or say?
He wanted to be the only RB in the class, but he couldn’t get qualified before the coaches had to take one, and then another, tailback.
Things really worked out for TCU when they got Zach Evans late and apparently there are some people in Stillwater jealous of the positivity surrounding the Frogs for that.