• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU picked 6th in latest Big 12 football preseason poll, Oklahoma picked as favorite

HG73

My (Okie State as you would call us) Cowboys look like we could be really good this year, and I'll prove it.

It is irrefutable that we must show tremendous potential to possibly win the conference and go to the playoffs. How else could you explain a global pandemic, followed by nationwide race riots ( which we found a way to inject ourselves into that conversation)? The forces of the universe would only go to such great lengths if we looked to have too much potential this year.

I'm sorry to the rest of the planet for the loss of life, economic devastation, and general disorder. It all had to happen to keep my little cow college in small town OK from enjoying too much success.
Actually we refer to you as Oklahoma A&M.

asleep003

Actually, we are feeling similarly. Our schedule in even years is far favorable for us, we have new coaches for our offense, quarterback with a year under his belt, and some phenomenal proven football players.
What we don't have is an experienced OL, though there seems to be solid incoming talent, plus 2 experienced returning centers to help with on field play.

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
What we don't have is an experienced OL, though there seems to be solid incoming talent, plus 2 experienced returning centers to help with on field play.
You really can't minimize how important this group's learning quickly is to our success...it's true every year, but critical now with our having a young QB and fewer practice sessions. I'm hoping for the D to keep us in games until this group solidifies.

Last edited:

82 Frog Fever

You really can't minimize how important this group's learning quickly is to our success...it's true every yea,r but critical now with our having a young QB and fewer practice sessions. I'm hoping for the D to keep us in games until this group solidifies.

You’re right, but with the talent on this team, there is no reason they shouldn’t be able to dominate most teams on both sides. It’s just up to the coaches to put the processes in place to make them successful.

Froggish

My (Okie State as you would call us) Cowboys look like we could be really good this year, and I'll prove it.

It is irrefutable that we must show tremendous potential to possibly win the conference and go to the playoffs. How else could you explain a global pandemic, followed by nationwide race riots ( which we found a way to inject ourselves into that conversation)? The forces of the universe would only go to such great lengths if we looked to have too much potential this year.

I'm sorry to the rest of the planet for the loss of life, economic devastation, and general disorder. It all had to happen to keep my little cow college in small town OK from enjoying too much success.

Assuming there's a season, all the pieces are in place for OSU to make a run. If Gundy can't get a B12 title this year, he probably never will...

Mean Purple

I really don't expect rankings after a 5-7 season. So many make a big deal of us being ranked lowly. Actually in 2015 we were ranked highly and although did not finish as highly, still finished in the top-10 despite a plethora of injuries early and injuries to the two most important people on the offense late.
The only way we will start the season lowly ranked is to have a bad season the year before. Alternate good and bad seasons. Not the way to make it to the next level.
I am still amazed at how well the 2015 season turned out considering all the injuries. That may be one of GP's best coached seasons.