• The KillerFrogs

We need to do this again...

Horny4TCU

Beat 0U... If one program has been dominant over us in the Big 12 it's these guys.

What a great game in 2014. Then was it 15 when Stoops threw a fit to win by getting a favorable call?

She likes horses, I bet she is a riot in Tijuana...
ou-twirler-girl.jpg

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Probably won't happen as long as Lincoln Riley is coaching there....
Riley is an extremely fine manager of strength, fundamentals and efficiency. His teams listen to him, believe in him, and they execute their assignments with confidence and skill. He demands excellence, and he gets it.

We, OTOH, sometimes approach this level of play, but never with the kind of consistency that Riley is able to achieve. The 2014 team had it's ups and downs consistency-wise, but also had absolutely transcendent moments that resulted from excellent players, whom, as a result of relentless preparation, being in the right place, at the right time, and doing the right thing. Dawson reading the screen is a sterling example. That play broke their backs.

dawg

Then was it 15 when Stoops threw a fit to win by getting a favorable call?

No, in 2015 we lost by a few inches. In nice bit of foreshadowing, Bram led a furious 4th quarter rally in Norman (though it must be said Baker missed the 2nd half and LHCGMFP pantsed the backup QB) and we scored a TD with less than a minute to play to close within one. Kick the PAT and we probably ride a serious momentum wave to a win in OT and win an outright B12 title. LHCGMFP went for two, Bram had a receiver open in the endzone, but an OU safety read the play and tipped the pass. Haven’t been close since to beating them since 2016, when another furious rally came up just short after trailing 49-24.

Last edited:

tcumaniac

Man, it is fun to re-watch that. There was no give-up in that bunch of guys. None at all.
No kidding. That was a blast to go back and watch those 16 minutes of highlights.

A few things that stood out:
  • For what ended up becoming one of our best defenses ever, we were still very raw during this game. It was only the 4th game of the season, but they gave up 461 yards against OU that game. Crazy how good that defense eventually became.
  • Looking to see what number game that was, I noticed we played Baylor the following week in Waco. What bad timing that was to play the number 4 team in the country and then have to go on the road and play the #5 team the next week.
  • That game was so exciting, but also so stressful. The back and forth was insane.
  • Kolby Listenbee led the team in receiving yards that game with 103 yards (Doctson only had 73)
  • We gave up 215 yards to Sterling Shepard. That #3 had our number all day.
  • I forgot Jaden Oberkrom missed a chip shot field goal (it looked pretty close) late in the 3rd quarter with the game tied at 31, and then had his extra point blocked and returned for two points for OU after Paul Dawson's Pick 6. That could have been really problematic.
  • Paul Dawson's Pick Six gives me goosebumps every time. What a special play.
  • I had forgotten that with 6 minutes left in the game, and with us only up 5, Boykin fumbled on our own 20.
  • Chris Hackett had what looked to be a game saving INT to keep OU from scoring.
  • BJ Catalon then goes and fumbles on our own 45.
  • Marcus Mallet makes a 4th and 1 stop on our own 20 with 3 minutes left in the game, cutting down Samaje Perine short of the line to gain.
  • After having to punt to OU one last time, we hold them off with one minute to go, and the game finally ends with an OU receiver catching what would have been the game winning hail marry a few feet out of the endzone.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
That 2015 game was a heartbreaker for sure. If we would have just kicked the extra points in the second half we would have won. HCGP went for 2 when we scored right after halftime and we didn't convert. And then of course the 2 point try at the end of the game that was unsuccessful.

That 2015 game was a heartbreaker for sure. If we would have just kicked the extra points in the second half we would have won. HCGP went for 2 when we scored right after halftime and we didn't convert. And then of course the 2 point try at the end of the game that was unsuccessful.

I remember Coach P saying our team was completely gassed and couldn’t handle overtime so he went for 2.