• The KillerFrogs

Dallas county no football

jake102

Fall football is 99% done IMO.

Yeah it's not happening. I don't understand it because there's a strong likelihood nothing changes in six months, but whatever, we will have to see. The countrywide restlessness will continue to increase, random events will continue to spark endless coverage, we will start to see the tremendous underlying effects of a sudden drop in GDP and maybe we will change our minds.

Eight

So how many of the 2021 recruits are going to try and reclassify and start college in January?

very good question froggish and i think we will have to wait and see how things play out for college football because decisions around college football it would seem to me will have a big impact.

consider if football gets cancelled for this fall. does the ncaa allow for a situation similar to baseball in terms of carrying over scholarships?

if your seniors can carry over regardless of a prior red-shirt season that could be interesting for the frogs. especially in the decisions of players like bowen, bethley, workman

additionally, the nfl has said they aren't moving the draft so would a draft eligible player such as hubbard at ok state or trevon for the frogs leave at the end of the semester?

finally, i think the kids who get hurt by the no senior season in high school will be the linemen who develop later or the kids who haven't played much who pop up late. i think you would see schools who recruit through relationships with their local high school coaches and not the national combines or target elite kids will benefit.

traylor at utsa is a guy who i think could make some serious hay.

Froggish

very good question froggish and i think we will have to wait and see how things play out for college football because decisions around college football it would seem to me will have a big impact.

consider if football gets cancelled for this fall. does the ncaa allow for a situation similar to baseball in terms of carrying over scholarships?

if your seniors can carry over regardless of a prior red-shirt season that could be interesting for the frogs. especially in the decisions of players like bowen, bethley, workman

additionally, the nfl has said they aren't moving the draft so would a draft eligible player such as hubbard at ok state or trevon for the frogs leave at the end of the semester?

finally, i think the kids who get hurt by the no senior season in high school will be the linemen who develop later or the kids who haven't played much who pop up late. i think you would see schools who recruit through relationships with their local high school coaches and not the national combines or target elite kids will benefit.

traylor at utsa is a guy who i think could make some serious hay.

There are a ton of trickle down that could impact football at all levels.
Graduate early? Scholarship question is a good one...What about transfers? Would they allow for a kid to enroll early in college and then transfer. Like a 6 to play 4 rather than a 5 to play 4?

Definitely agree that if your an OL who needs longer to contribute at the college level, your now looking at 2-3 years before ever hitting the field again.

This is a mess

Froginbedford

But is there any guarantee that banks will still exist in January?
If I put on my foil hat, I'll say that the sudden shortage of coins in large retailers cash registers is the first step toward banks only storing your account balances in their computers and your ATM/credit/debit card will be the "coin" of the realm.....That's if I put on my foil hat....

Eight

If I put on my foil hat, I'll say that the sudden shortage of coins in large retailers cash registers is the first step toward banks only storing your account balances in their computers and your ATM/credit/debit card will be the "coin" of the realm.....That's if I put on my foil hat....

curious when we reach the tipping point of accepting currency which is pretty damn filthy and the cost to merchants for using electronic payments.

chase makes an absurd amount of money daily simply for processing electronic transactions and you see a number of smaller merchants either setting limits on card transactions or offering a "reduced" price for the use of cash (i.e. buying gas for example)

Eight

There are a ton of trickle down that could impact football at all levels.
Graduate early? Scholarship question is a good one...What about transfers? Would they allow for a kid to enroll early in college and then transfer. Like a 6 to play 4 rather than a 5 to play 4?

Definitely agree that if your an OL who needs longer to contribute at the college level, your now looking at 2-3 years before ever hitting the field again.

This is a mess

on one hand you can see the value of an extra year for a player such as bethley who didn't red-shirt, players such as foster, mccuin, jenkins, coleman, and williams who would benefit from an extra year in the weight program, but as you point out certain positions such as the lines, linebacker that really need that contact to learn and develop skills

Mean Purple

The order was actually issued by the county/city health authority. And my guess is he was pushed and Jenkins did some of the pushing.
My guess is he, himself, questions whether he has the authority. You can see that by how he wrote the order and the citing of both the health and admin codes. He knew if he went with just the Admin code, argument will easily be made that it cites the health code as application of laws for the health authority recognized by the code. So he cited part of the health and safety code regarding actions that can be taken in a disaster. (His citation of specific codes from both are a big signal that he recognizes what challenges could arise.)

However, although his order does not make reference to the limitations on what can be done as "control measures" in the code, his authority is still limited by those. And as schools have not been in session for weeks, and classes have been remote going back to late March, it will be hard for him to claim there is contamination or infection at the cite. Even if he did, the schools are going to be doing another deep clean before and after classes start, and the code requires that he remove those type of orders after such and action/finding.

steelfrog

Tier 1
The order was actually issued by the county/city health authority. And my guess is he was pushed and Jenkins did some of the pushing.
My guess is he, himself, questions whether he has the authority. You can see that by how he wrote the order and the citing of both the health and admin codes. He knew if he went with just the Admin code, argument will easily be made that it cites the health code as application of laws for the health authority recognized by the code. So he cited part of the health and safety code regarding actions that can be taken in a disaster. (His citation of specific codes from both are a big signal that he recognizes what challenges could arise.)

However, although his order does not make reference to the limitations on what can be done as "control measures" in the code, his authority is still limited by those. And as schools have not been in session for weeks, and classes have been remote going back to late March, it will be hard for him to claim there is contamination or infection at the cite. Even if he did, the schools are going to be doing another deep clean before and after classes start, and the code requires that he remove those type of orders after such and action/finding.

It seems to have come onj the heels of the TEA authorizing the local officials to mandate what they deem reasonable. Or whatever

Mean Purple

It seems to have come onj the heels of the TEA authorizing the local officials to mandate what they deem reasonable. Or whatever
I'm always amazed at how far out of bounds cities and counties will go. Well, maybe not amazed anymore. Just annoyed.

I'm hearing the AG issued guidance or an opinion regarding private religious schools today. That will drive Jenkins nuts if what I am hearing is correct.

TX_Krötenechse

Online only school is generally not a huge problem for middle class and above suburban families with easy access to internet, libraries, computers, etc. It becomes a major burden on lower-class families, especially the ones who are in the free lunch programs. I know they already dealt with this in the spring but it’ll be ... interesting ... to see how the DISD adapts since they’ll be way more impacted than your Frisco ISD or whatever.