• The KillerFrogs

2021 Recruiting Thread

Eight

Saw on ESPN that these guys not going to Texas is a big deal. Half their family has played there. I try not to root for bad things to happen to people, but UT has always been an exception!

grandfather played at texas i guess back in the 50's and 60's, dad was an all-american at texas back in the 90's and oldest brother walked on a few years back, but there has been talk for quite some time they were headed to bama so this isn't a complete shock

depending upon whom you listen there is the thought dad is way too involved and others say the parents should have pushed them in a path to texas similar to sam.

StigFrog

Saw on ESPN that these guys not going to Texas is a big deal. Half their family has played there. I try not to root for bad things to happen to people, but UT has always been an exception!
When TCU beat ut in 1992, daddy brockermeyer called it "an embarrassment to the nation". Typical ut arrogance. That just threw gasoline on my ut hatred.

Wexahu

Have to admit this is shocking...I thought it was UT lock...I remember when Blake signed with UT in the early 90s they had Bevo on the front lawn of their house....times have definitely changed....

Not hugely shocking to me considering how big of a d-bag Herman is. He’s gotta turn off a lot of recruits, and especially recruit’s parents.

TX_Krötenechse

Supposedly the dad, who I guess people say is a major helicopter dad, doesn’t like / doesn’t get along with Herman. And UT was slow to offer the non-5* brother.

add that to a crappy season and bad record of developing OL and it’s not a huge surprise despite the major legacy.