• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

nwlafrog

One of those POS scammers called my recently deceased grandfather last year or year before last and told him that I was in a terrible car wreck and that my insurance wasn’t good at the hospital and to treat me they needed $12k from him. Luckily he called my dad and then my phone started blowing up with texts and calls.

Who the darn does that to an elderly grandpa? I still get furious when I think about that.

Good on you, Doc

Eight

One of those POS scammers called my recently deceased grandfather last year or year before last and told him that I was in a terrible car wreck and that my insurance wasn’t good at the hospital and to treat me they needed $12k from him. Luckily he called my dad and then my phone started blowing up with texts and calls.

Who the darn does that to an elderly grandpa? I still get furious when I think about that.

Good on you, Doc

my late mother-in-law received a call a few years after her husband died with the caller stating they represented the state of california in a tax matter. the claim was her husband had worked in california for a couple of years and was paid in cash defrauding the state of california out of the income taxes owed to them.

kicker is she knew her husband had never worked in california because after he returned from ww2 he moved to a small town in central washington and worked for two companies the entire time. they started dating 2 months after he moved there until his death decades later and yet she almost went for it.

up to the last few weeks before her death she was obsessed with paying his tax bill with california.

these scammers deserve one of the lowest places in dante's hell

Mean Purple

Good on you, Doc
There are a lot of those scammers out there. Disturbing.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
What's going on? I saw a few comments but haven't heard an explanation.
Basically dozens of verified, high profile accounts (including politicians, Elon Musk, Bezos, etc.) supposedly compromised all at once or within close succession, and posting bitcoin scam links. Probably a top level hack, not individually compromised, which is scary as all sin...

Paul in uhh

Basically dozens of verified, high profile accounts (including politicians, Elon Musk, Bezos, etc.) supposedly compromised all at once or within close succession, and posting bitcoin scam links. Probably a top level hack, not individually compromised, which is scary as all sin...
The bitcoin wallet received over 100K in income after the hack due to suckers believing the hacked posts...

tcudoc

My in-laws got scammed by phone scammers to the tune of several thousand dollars when they called pretending to be our son and saying he was in trouble and needing bail money. They said, “please don’t tell my parents.” Then they called us acting all weird and realized something didn’t seem right. The scammers called back to try to get more money for “bail” and somehow convinced them yet again after we told them their grandson was at home with us. Still have no idea how they got the second round of money from them. They have pretty good tricks to fool the elderly.

netty2424

Isn’t it time that we pull the plug on Twitter? It’s a cesspool.

The ransomeware attacks are scary. The number of businesses, police departments, local governments, court systems, etc are getting hammered right now.

SuperBarrFrog

yeah. I wonder how much is being held back. If fixing games and sex trafficking is real then I could see fbi actually holding The story.