• The KillerFrogs

New Forums are now LIVE

TooColdU

Okay, because Ryann like d the idea and by popular demand, but mainly because the boss liked it, the political forum is now called The Pit.

The Pit

tumblr_inline_nkiacdwAwZ1rphih5.gif

JampackedImpossibleCusimanse-max-1mb.gif

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
An equally little used board site might be a an English primer for college graduates...

Some of my board favorites:

The ever popular “Where are you at?” When “Where are you” suffices.

Anyways.

What do you got.

Baylor Has less wins than (pick a team). Fewer is used when you can count individually.

Baylor has less class than (again, anything will work here).
Do you perhaps own Dreyer's English, An Utterly Correct Guide to Clarity and Style?

Atom

The little widget or whatever you called it for the posts at the bottom and new forums 2 convenience suggestions

1. When you click on the post can it be setup to go to the first post unread? I've spent more time trying to figure out what I last read than reading.
2. Can all forums have a "return to fff" button ?

Just some thoughts . Always enjoy the food and alcohol discussions

Paint It Purple

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

We just activated the new forums and made a few tweaks to the layout here on KillerFrogs.

First, the old General Board is now called The Swamp and will be dedicated to all political banter. If a thread goes off the rails into politics it'll end up in The Swamp. We've elevated the Killingsworth Court to the new title for all of our non-sports related forums so as to no longer relate a great coach with the goings on in The Swamp. However, we also realize that there will be a need for a new general board so we've added Hell's Half Acre. Feel free to use this new board to discuss topics that are off topic and don't fit anywhere else... but NO POLITICS.

Second, we added two new forums, Tailgating/BBQ and The Bar. Tailgating and BBQ will be where you can discuss your perfect tailgating setup or get tips on your BBQ game. The Bar is for discussing drinks, food, cigars, lifestyle, and entertainment.

Third, we've removed (hidden) a few forums that weren't being used (if you have to ask which ones that's the reason we removed them). Also, I tweaked the new recent topics widget at the bottom of the thread page (under the reply box) to include posts from these forums to help raise engagement in those areas to help keep the FFF on topic. Note, I'll look into moving it below the bottom breadcrumb navigation this week.

Enjoy!

PS everyone's favorite license plate thread will remain on the FFF.
Since when did the license plate thread become everyone’s favorite?

froglash88

Just my opinion, but multiple forums are stupid. Who cares what the topic is just put it all in the same forum?

never understood the mega threads and the multiple forums.

Still love KF.c

researchfrog

Is
Just my opinion, but multiple forums are stupid. Who cares what the topic is just put it all in the same forum?

never understood the mega threads and the multiple forums.

Still love KF.c

It seems that many people don't like scrolling through off-topic and duplicate threads to get to sports discussion. They definitely don't like when the threads in which they are interested have pages of off-topic posts. (This is not just me, but what I've observed on many other forums.) Megathreads help by putting all posts about one topic in a single place. Makes it easier to keep up on the topics in which one is interested. Multiple subforums allow better differentiation between otherwise off-topic posts. They also give people something to do in the off-season (and between games) without cluttering up the main sports board. All these things put together help mitigate the cliquishness that can develop on a forum and help make the site more accessible to the casual user or even the casual fan. The only thing I left out is that it takes moderators willing to be a little heavy-handed, willing to move or delete off-topic posts and move or delete off-topic threads until the posting culture adapts.

The only reason I'm speaking up now is that I like this site and hope the splitters and the 247 refugees are willing to come back and we can get back to circa 2000 KFC. That won't bring back Whitewolf, Scott, Wes, LeapFrog, TCUSA, and all the others, but we might be able to come close. It looks like TxFrog1999 is making changes that could make it happen.

Last edited: