• The KillerFrogs

2021 Hoops Recruiting

Rose Bowl

I think Easley is really good. I see him being the 1st or 2nd leading scorer on the team and most likely 2nd leading rebounder. Not 100% sure what to think of O'Bannon. He has some ability, but he hasn't done it at the collegiate level yet. He has a big body and can shoot, but it remains to be seen if he has all of the other aspects to succeed at this level.

As for the non-conference portion of the schedule. Your guess is as good as mine.

Who do you think will be the leading scorer? The only guy I can think of is PJ but will have to see it before I think he will. I hope it’s either Easley or Fuller because they have good offensive upsides.

Skip Jansen

Who do you think will be the leading scorer? The only guy I can think of is PJ but will have to see it before I think he will. I hope it’s either Easley or Fuller because they have good offensive upsides.

The 3 top scorers will most likely be Easley, RJ, and Kev. I'm not sure in what order, but those three will probably get the most opportunities.

Farmfrog

I think the PG position will be the key to whatever success we have this season. If we can’t get into our offensive sets quickly and run them smoothly we will struggle to score. I wonder how much Easley will have the ball in his hands as he did a lot at Chattanooga.

I think having an efficient offense is more important than who the leading scorer is. That’s why I think Miles playing well from the start is a must. That will give us more flexibility on offense.

Rose Bowl

Do you know if we have much interest in Duncan Powell out of Desoto? He looks to be a good ballhandler with plenty of size plus he’s in our backyard.

Skip Jansen

Disappointing but hopefully it’s because he doesn’t want to come here and not because we don’t like him. Somebody is going to get a good player.

Not sure exactly where his recruitment stands at the moment. I know the Frog's staff recruited him some after his de-commitment from Arkansas. But, I'm not sure the Frogs have a commitable offer to make right now. The plan is basically to prioritize Kev's replacement and then see where they stand.

Rose Bowl

Not sure exactly where his recruitment stands at the moment. I know the Frog's staff recruited him some after his de-commitment from Arkansas. But, I'm not sure the Frogs have a commitable offer to make right now. The plan is basically to prioritize Kev's replacement and then see where they stand.

It’s just me but I don’t think big Kevin will be the only one to leave after the season. I hope I’m wrong but it’s just a feeling I have.

As for Powell he can play and I think he would be someone that would be an absolute steal.

Skip Jansen

The three names that I hear most from the staff are-

- PG A.J. Neal 6-1 Orlando, FL
- PG Frankie Collins 6-1 Chandler, AZ
- C Souleymane Doumbia 7-0 Navarro JC

AJ Neal may be the 2nd commitment of this signing period and it could happen relatively soon.

No spots currently available but let's see what happens with practice (20 hr/week) starting this week.

I hope it works out because this kid can really score. Outstanding perimeter shooter.

Skip Jansen

As I said earlier in this thread I believe that someone else is going to leave. No clue who it will be right now.

Practice begins tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

It makes sense. The nature of rosters recently certainly suggests that any player not in the playing rotation is apt to enter the portal (not just at TCU).

Eight

AJ Neal may be the 2nd commitment of this signing period and it could happen relatively soon.

No spots currently available but let's see what happens with practice (20 hr/week) starting this week.

I hope it works out because this kid can really score. Outstanding perimeter shooter.

skip is it legal to have more than one player on the floor at a time who can make a shot longer than 18'?

what's next, you telling us a 12-15' shot is an acceptable part of a working half court offense?

Skip Jansen

skip is it legal to have more than one player on the floor at a time who can make a shot longer than 18'?

what's next, you telling us a 12-15' shot is an acceptable part of a working half court offense?

Ya. It's definitely legal. Scoring the basketball is still a big component in winning (as crazy as that sounds). :p

Although a 12-15' shot is considered 'inefficient' (according to advanced stats) in today's game. IMO, a shot from the elbow or short corner is still valuable because so many offenses run through those spots on the floor.

I'm sure someone will say that I am 'old school' and that the data doesn't back it up but.... a college basketball player should be able to make those shots at a really high percentage (particularly an open look).

Skip Jansen

As I said earlier in this thread I believe that someone else is going to leave. No clue who it will be right now.

Practice begins tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Another thing to consider is the extra year of eligibility the NCAA is giving to athletes in winter sports. It will be interesting to see how attrition and the transfer portal are handled this year. There are only X amount of total scholarships available (if the NCAA doesn't increase the scholarship total for a year and keep it at 13).

Doesn't affect the Frogs directly due to the lack of seniors on the roster. But, there will be a trickle-down due to less scholarships available across the country.