• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

dawg

Man United is killing it again today. Undefeated in like 16 games over all competitions. No good.

Hate to admit it but those darners are are definitely on a run of good form, and their run-in seems fairly easy: Southampton, Palace, West Ham (after the FA Cup semi with Chelsea) and Leicester (who have Sheffield and Spurs after Bournemouth, all clubs playing for Europe or survival). Their final match may be for a CL place.

Last edited:

Portland Frog

Hate to admit it but those darners are are definitely on a run of good form, and their run-in seems fairly easy: Southampton, Palace, West Ham (after the FA Cup semi with Chelsea) and Leicester (who have Sheffield and Spurs after Bournemouth, all clubs playing for Europe or survival). Their final match may be for a CL place.

MU: first team in EPL history to win 4 straight games by 3+ goals. I had no idea.

Portland Frog

I'm not going to homer this: Chelsea doesn't deserve a CL spot next year after losing to West Ham last week and now getting worked by Sheffield U today. In a way I hope they don't qualify even in 5th place if the Man City appeal is rejected. They need to be hungry and shore up the defense. It's terrible.

Portland Frog

Man U tied today, creating a cluster for the 3rd and 4th spot for the CL next season. Given Man City is eligible for next year's CL, it will make the last 3 games in the EPL interesting.

Liverpool -- 93 points
Man City -- 72 points
Chelsea -- 60 points
Leicester -- 59 points
Man U -- 59 points
Wolves -- 55 points
Sheffield U -- 54 points

Moose Stuff

Another young talented kid in the USMNT player pool. Hasn't gotten the attention some of the others have but he got mine and apparently he got D Beasley's as well.

dawg

FA Cup semis this weekend. Who you got?

Arsenal vs Man City on Saturday
Chelsea vs Man U on Sunday

My prediction: Man City vs Man U in the final.

Holding my nose as I echo your prediction.

Arsenal were fortunate that Virgil Van Dijk and Allison (two of, if not the, best in the world at their respective positions) had Arsenal-like defensive calamities that gift-wrapped two goals. City won’t be so generous. There’s a gulf in class between the two, I think Pep has something against Arteta, and City are focused on winning two trophies after letting the league slip this season. An Arsenal win would be a massive upset. City 4-1 Arsenal.

United seem to be on a better run of form than Chelsea since the restart, though I’d love to see Pulisic score one and assist another. I can’t bring myself to write it, but a 2-1 victory makes it an all Manchester final.

Portland Frog

Holding my nose as I echo your prediction.

Arsenal were fortunate that Virgil Van Dijk and Allison (two of, if not the, best in the world at their respective positions) had Arsenal-like defensive calamities that gift-wrapped two goals. City won’t be so generous. There’s a gulf in class between the two, I think Pep has something against Arteta, and City are focused on winning two trophies after letting the league slip this season. An Arsenal win would be a massive upset. City 4-1 Arsenal.

United seem to be on a better run of form than Chelsea since the restart, though I’d love to see Pulisic score one and assist another. I can’t bring myself to write it, but a 2-1 victory makes it an all Manchester final.

I could see Chelsea getting blown out. Their back 4 are terrible (actually back 5, with Kepa in goal) and with Kante out with an injury (playing the deep middle midfielder to help the back 4 with defense), it could get ugly, like 4-1 or 5-1 ugly. I hope I Curt it.