• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Mean Purple

My first dip was on the tee box of #8 at Woodhaven, either right before or right after what was almost certainly yet another monster drive into those infernal trees on the left. Skoal wintergreen. It was just the absolute worst thing ever.

My second dip was about a month later on the chipping green. Copenhagen fine cut. And a long, unhealthy and ultimately very expensive love affair was born.
and now I am craving a habit it took me a long time to quit.

I walked past a display the other day that had Levi Garrett on it. My mind was like, "look, candy!" Suddenly I could hear Bodine and Rudd reving engines, ready for Talladega. Charlie Daniels roared through the pines like a crazed mountain lion who had its first kill of the season. Visions of cruising through town with the KC lights on for no reason, 30/30 on the rack in the cab. Then it all stopped when I heard, "Sir, will the probiotics be all for you today?"

Frog-in-law1995

and now I am craving a habit it took me a long time to quit.

I walked past a display the other day that had Levi Garrett on it. My mind was like, "look, candy!" Suddenly I could hear Bodine and Rudd reving engines, ready for Talladega. Charlie Daniels roared through the pines like a crazed mountain lion who had its first kill of the season. Visions of cruising through town with the KC lights on for no reason, 30/30 on the rack in the cab. Then it all stopped when I heard, "Sir, will the probiotics be all for you today?"

Averaged a can a day (or more) for ~25 years. Quit cold turkey maybe 8 or 9 years ago. But that’s just a guess. Can still smell it. When I stop to think about it, I find it odd that I don’t really remember exactly when I quit. I consider it among the proudest moments of my life, so it seems like I should celebrate it like my anniversary or something. But perhaps the mindset that it’s not special, it just is, is why it worked in the first place.

MTfrog5

My first dip was on the tee box of #8 at Woodhaven, either right before or right after what was almost certainly yet another monster drive into those infernal trees on the left. Skoal wintergreen. It was just the absolute worst thing ever.

My second dip was about a month later on the chipping green. Copenhagen fine cut. And a long, unhealthy and ultimately very expensive love affair was born.
I never tried it because I know I’d probably enjoy it. As a baseball guy I’m proud I never gave in. Would eat a ton of sunflower seeds instead.

Mean Purple

Averaged a can a day (or more) for ~25 years. Quit cold turkey maybe 8 or 9 years ago. But that’s just a guess. Can still smell it. When I stop to think about it, I find it odd that I don’t really remember exactly when I quit. I consider it among the proudest moments of my life, so it seems like I should celebrate it like my anniversary or something. But perhaps the mindset that it’s not special, it just is, is why it worked in the first place.
Same here. Know it was back in the 90s. Then later, seeing Coach Sullivan's warning to folks about it, was reality punch to the gut that made me stay off the worm dirt/ can of calm down.

Like you, I can smell it. I have friends that use it and I can smell it when they open the can across the room.

If I ever get to the point where I am tempted to do it again, I'll either grab a can of that herbal snuff alternative, or just swallow a can of skoal and green face myself out of the idea for the future.

Frog-in-law1995

I never tried it because I know I’d probably enjoy it. As a baseball guy I’m proud I never gave in. Would eat a ton of sunflower seeds instead.

Oh god, the salt mixed with the snuff. Soooooo good. Still remember it was freshman year in the dugout at Keller HS where I made that discovery. Coinincidentally where my wife now teaches and son will soon go, so I gotta get my mind right with rooting for the Indians, or whatever PC mascot they’re forced to adopt before then.

Purp

My first dip wasn't much of a dip. Right before I started high school our high school was renovated. I was in the building before school started b/c of band practice and I took a stroll with some buddies through the campus while construction was still ongoing. A construction worker had plugged a water fountain with a pinch of tobacco and I was the first to get a drink from that fountain after he did it. I swallowed it before I knew it was in my mouth and proceeded to yak within 30 seconds. Never felt the urge to even try it after that.

nwlafrog

Idk how to post pics that aren’t sideways or “the uploading file is too large” (that’s what she said), but I put down a scheiss ton of chop rock for edging and a scheiss ton landscape pebble and a scheiss ton of flagstone. It looks good and I scheissing quit.

NWLA the household handy man and landscaper is about to request one helluva rigorous mouth hug.

nwlafrog

My first dip wasn't much of a dip. Right before I started high school our high school was renovated. I was in the building before school started b/c of band practice and I took a stroll with some buddies through the campus while construction was still ongoing. A construction worker had plugged a water fountain with a pinch of tobacco and I was the first to get a drink from that fountain after he did it. I swallowed it before I knew it was in my mouth and proceeded to yak within 30 seconds. Never felt the urge to even try it after that.

Timberwolf Longcut wintergreen during my baseball days because my coaches all did it and I thought it made me better lol. Still throw a fat pinch in from time to time, but I no longer have the addiction to smash a can a day or more like I used to. Wish I didn’t do it at all, but I mostly buy Copenhagen now and I can make a can drag out at least a week.

I quit for a while. Quit the vaping, quit the e cigs, quit the dip, but then... hunting trips and mud riding and getting turned up with the boys brought it back. I’m working on quitting again though.

Mean Purple

So many things wrong with this scene. That dude has some serious issues. The elder person probably should have let well enough alone when the nutjob was leaving. Although, if that guy hit a waiter or waitress, someone needed to be up there to make the nutjob answer for it. Police probably would have been a better option.

Not to mention the dude is from Michigan and lives in Florida, which means we can't blame it on Lubbock. Just so much wrong with all of it.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/07/08/ufc-mike-perry-punches-old-man-in-angry-restaurant-tirade/

HFrog1999

Hello friends

hope everyone is still alive here

tenor.gif