• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

netty2424

Was she cute?
tenor.gif

Mean Purple

Sooo, those mechanized shopping cart drivers have cruise control?

Ran by Wal-Mart late yesterday. Sitting in the truck going over a list of items to pick up and I look up to see one of their employees running across the parking lot. About 80 yards in front of him is the machine they use to push the long stacks of carts ... with a pretty good stack ... slowly making its way across the parking lot. He got to it just before it was going to graze a Jetta.

I laughed.

SuperBarrFrog

Ran by Wal-Mart late yesterday. Sitting in the truck going over a list of items to pick up and I look up to see one of their employees running across the parking lot. About 80 yards in front of him is the machine they use to push the long stacks of carts ... with a pretty good stack ... slowly making its way across the parking lot. He got to it just before it was going to graze a Jetta.

I laughed.

Back in my day we actually had to push in the carts with sheer manpower. We didn’t even have a rope to hold he carts together. Get a line of 30-40 carts going and you got a major workout in. Kid I worked wi5 gave me my first dip while we were pushing in the carts one night and I about passed out.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.

I laughed.
Nah, the operator has a button they push to make it go. Something went awry.

Mean Purple

Back in my day we actually had to push in the carts with sheer manpower. We didn’t even have a rope to hold he carts together. Get a line of 30-40 carts going and you got a major workout in. Kid I worked wi5 gave me my first dip while we were pushing in the carts one night and I about passed out.
It was the same when I was a kid. And those parking lots were scorchers in the Summer, but it was good prep for football practice. Although my first dip was more of an eased situation on a front porch.

Frog-in-law1995

My first dip was on the tee box of #8 at Woodhaven, either right before or right after what was almost certainly yet another monster drive into those infernal trees on the left. Skoal wintergreen. It was just the absolute worst thing ever.

My second dip was about a month later on the chipping green. Copenhagen fine cut. And a long, unhealthy and ultimately very expensive love affair was born.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Me too
K-Mart summer ‘78, Shreveport, but no Dip (thank God) —110% humidity was bad enough.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
My first dip was on the tee box of #8 at Woodhaven, either right before or right after what was almost certainly yet another monster drive into those infernal trees on the left. Skoal wintergreen. It was just the absolute worst thing ever.

My second dip was about a month later on the chipping green. Copenhagen fine cut. And a long, unhealthy and ultimately very expensive love affair was born.
Uh-oh, the Starter....

Eight

I laughed.

reminds me of the run away cart at jerry world after the state championship game several years back now.

SuperBarrFrog

I got lucky never got the full on habit. Unfortunately, I started smoking when I got to TCU. We smoked nonstop on the Clark steps or in the courtyard outside the Main. What a gross yet enjoyable habit. Finally quit for good about two years ago.

Last edited: