• The KillerFrogs

Athletic Business: Big 12 Mulls Criteria for Canceling, Postponing Games

InstaFrog

It's Okay to make light of this virus because the whole thing is a sham. I survived Scarlet fever, the flu (multiple times), severe strep (106 fever-multiple times). A doctor in Midland treats COVID with an asthma inhaler, zinc and an antibiotic. Patients recover within 24 hour most of the time--never lost a patient. Contagious? yes. Deadly? way less than most viruses if treated fairly early. The "fear factor" is 100% propagated by the fake-news media.
I always wondered where MacGyver ended up...

SuperBarrFrog

I hope they play in the fall, but I’d say there is almost zero chance there will be fans. If they push the season to January they might be able to have fans and thus recoup even more money for the schools. Be interesting to watch a January game in Michigan or Wisconsin. Ha.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
You got your q’anon shirt on as you post this?

Lol at the pandemic being an election year conspiracy. Crawl back into your mom’s sad basement.
By the CDC's own numbers, it isn't even an epidemic anymore. The death rate continues to fall. Yet, the Media and politicians of one party in particular (and their Useful Idiots) continue to bleat and scream and keep the panic going.

Why?

LVH

By the CDC's own numbers, it isn't even an epidemic anymore. The death rate continues to fall. Yet, the Media and politicians of one party in particular (and their Useful Idiots) continue to bleat and scream and keep the panic going.

Why?

Stanford Professor was on Martha McCallum yesterday saying how this virus has a death rate LOWER than the seasonal flu for those under 70 years old.

If we shut down college football for a virus that kills those under 70 at a lower rate than the flu, why don't we shut down college sports for the flu as well?

Edit: More of this doctor - https://www.kusi.com/dr-scott-atlas...-mongering-tactics-from-our-health-officials/

BrewingFrog

Stanford Professor was on Martha McCallum yesterday saying how this virus has a death rate LOWER than the seasonal flu for those under 70 years old.

If we shut down college football for a virus that kills those under 70 at a lower rate than the flu, why don't we shut down college sports for the flu as well?

Edit: More of this doctor - https://www.kusi.com/dr-scott-atlas...-mongering-tactics-from-our-health-officials/
Hence, the craziness of all this. Testing and collation of case information has shown us that the people at risk are 1.) Old, 2.) Have compromised immune systems, and/or 3.) Heart/respiratory disease. Outside those groups, we are looking at something that, absent all the hype, wouldn't have even registered on the meter. Yet, unreasoning panic and paranoia continue to be stoked for literally no good reason at all.

LVH

Hence, the craziness of all this. Testing and collation of case information has shown us that the people at risk are 1.) Old, 2.) Have compromised immune systems, and/or 3.) Heart/respiratory disease. Outside those groups, we are looking at something that, absent all the hype, wouldn't have even registered on the meter. Yet, unreasoning panic and paranoia continue to be stoked for literally no good reason at all.

The retort to this has been "but muh players will get infected and then go home and visit their grandparents and infect them!!!"

Then don't go home and visit your elderly grandparents. If you are a college student, you are not living with them anyway.

Wexahu

The retort to this has been "but muh players will get infected and then go home and visit their grandparents and infect them!!!"

Then don't go home and visit your elderly grandparents. If you are a college student, you are not living with them anyway.

Only somewhat related, but I saw a media guy post a tweet yesterday about an NBA player who tested positive and he was reporting that the player would not be available to start the season. At the time I looked there were 591 responses to the tweet. I scrolled through about half of them and there literally was not one person who expressed even a little bit of concern for the well-being of the player. The health of the player was a complete non-issue, not even a mention of it. And nobody really caught on to that, it was just non-stop chatter about lineup adjustments, roster depth, etc.

Amazing really. Running from ghosts.

LVH

Only somewhat related, but I saw a media guy post a tweet yesterday about an NBA player who tested positive and he was reporting that the player would not be available to start the season. At the time I looked there were 591 responses to the tweet. I scrolled through about half of them and there literally was not one person who expressed even a little bit of concern for the well-being of the player. The health of the player was a complete non-issue, not even a mention of it. And nobody really caught on to that, it was just non-stop chatter about lineup adjustments, roster depth, etc.

Amazing really. Running from ghosts.

Everything I have seen each time some media person tweets about a positive case are a bunch of replies from people acting as if the individual who tested positive is about to die and how we should just cancel the season

Bob Sugar

Good point. We are going to need to ramp up closures and require increased masks/distancing when flu season kicks off. If flu season peaks in December, then that means we need to implement those measures around the time mail-in ballots need to be post-marked.

Wexahu

Everything I have seen each time some media person tweets about a positive case are a bunch of replies from people acting as if the individual who tested positive is about to die and how we should just cancel the season

Oh, plenty of people saying the season should be cancelled or throwing certain politicians under the bus. But zero people actually concerned about the player who tested positive. A narrative has been created that testing positive means x, y and z. I'm not sure many people have taken a step back and asked why.

YA

PAC-12 is considering cancelling their season. Announcement was to be this week and now it is around July 15th if they do it. They will be the first major conference to cancel and the others will follow if it happens. College football isn't likely to happen this season fellas and it is a shame.

BrewingFrog

PAC-12 is considering cancelling their season. Announcement was to be this week and now it is around July 15th if they do it. They will be the first major conference to cancel and the others will follow if it happens. College football isn't likely to happen this season fellas and it is a shame.
Wow.

Like so much of the actions taken during this panic, it is way, way out of proportion to the actual level of danger. The PAC would be throwing away millions of dollars for literally no good reason at all, and likely dooming the rest of Football while they're at it.

Boo!

TX_Krötenechse

The number of people willing to just let old and sick people die so that they can go to the bar or watch football is disgusting

love thy neighbor ... unless they’re older than 70 or have diabetes in which case good luck