• The KillerFrogs

Changes to the Board "Commandments" and Enforcement Policy

Mean Purple

For instance, let's say someone posted a photo of a lady in a bikini at a bbq, is that poster safe?
I think the thread has to now be titled, "Football Season Happy Thread".

It seems my term "sanity break" may not be a legit reply anymore. However, I don't see how a post that brings Joy to many, and increases thread view, is a derail. :)

froginmn

Testing........

national-lampoon-sept-1970-1-3996fa9d07f40deb85a61e8442dffaa9.jpg
John and Yoko unmasked?

Killers!

Diehard

Good morning KillerFrogs,

As I outlined in my post last week, we have now added two new "commandments" to the Forum Rules and Privacy Policy page along with updates to three others (these rules were originally set by Wes and Scott back in 2013). The updates are to rules 4, 6, and 9 respectively. These updates should help clarify some of the more nebulous/gray areas of the most common issues members have on the board:

#4 (original) DO NOT engage in personal attacks on other members. You know that we want and encourage healthy debate, but childish insults, names,etc will bring down the thunder. While we love visitors from other schools, we are not going to cut them any slack in this department.

UPDATE: DO NOT engage in malicious or inflammatory attacks on other members. You know that we want and encourage healthy debate, but childish insults, names, etc that are baseless, antagonistic, or outright uncalled for will not be tolerated and will bring down the thunder. While we love visitors from other schools, we are not going to cut them any slack in this department.

#6 (original) DO NOT post ANY adult or sexually explicit content OR links to adult or sexually explicit content. Don't even try this one.

UPDATE: DO NOT post ANY adult or sexually explicit content OR links to adult or sexually explicit content. Sexually explicit content pertains to nude men or women, male or female genitalia, or female nipples. This includes images in which such features can be seen through clothing or with the subject posed in a suggestive manner. For women, "nude" means without top and/or bottom. Don't even try this one.

#9 (original) DO NOT threaten another another member with physical violence or harm. Not cool.

UPDATE: DO NOT threaten another member with actual physical violence or harm. Not cool. Note: this commandment does not include general banter or sarcastic remarks. For example, telling a member to "go jump off a cliff" because you dislike their opinion is not the same as threatening them with physical violence or harm. However, such remarks may be enforced under commandments 2 or 4.

The two new commandments are:

#15 DO report posts that violate these rules to the moderators. Board admins and moderators have full time jobs and lives outside of KillerFrogs.com and are not expected to monitor every post 24/7. If a post violates these rules report it, otherwise you have no room to complain about a poster or comment made.

#16 DO NOT expect the board to be a G-rated "safe-space". The KF.C commandments are intended to prevent egregious misuse and conduct only. We will not punish posters for messages that simply offend someone's sensibilities or due to a disagreement in opinion (this includes political, religious, and cultural issues discussed in appropriate forums). If you are easily offended by differing opinions then we suggest learning to use the board's ignore feature.

To help enforce these rules we'll be using the board's "warning system." When a moderator witnesses or is informed of a rule violation they will assign warning points to the individual based on the nature and severity of the violation. Most of these points expire after one week; with a few exceptions that I will explain below.

Vacations will be handed out to Members that accumulate enough unexpired points until they reach one of three tiers:
  1. After 3 unexpired points the user receives a one week vacation.
  2. After 5 unexpired points the user receives a one month vacation
  3. After 10 unexpired points the user is banned permanently.
As noted above, all minor infractions will earn the member a single warning point that will expire (record expunged) after one week. However, if the violation escalates, is pernicious, or severe moderators have the ability to apply stricter guidelines regarding the number of points and the length of expiration. A poster that has previously been warned but continues breaking the same rule can be issued a warning point that won't expire for three months. And severe violations will garner an immediate 3 points (triggering a one week vacation), but due to severity those points will not expire for an entire year.

For example, let's say a member posts a racist slur. That would be considered a severe rule breaking and earn the user three points that won't expire for one year and automatically trigger a one week vacation. After that week they're allowed to post again, but the points remain. If they break another rule that earns them another 2-3 points they'll be put on vacation for an entire month. If they continue breaking the rules each single point will earn another one month vacation until they hit ten which triggers a permanent ban and an administrative review of their account.

I'm sure over the next few weeks we'll make a few tweaks to this system as we begin rolling it out, so I ask everyone to be patient and keep the new rule #15 in mind when it comes to the moderators.

Finally, I'm currently reviewing the different forums we have here on the site and I think it's time to retire some and add new ones to better diversify the conversations and give members other options for threads that don't belong on the FFF. Currently, I'm planning to make a specific political forum and return the General Board back to non-hot topic, but off-topic threads. I'm also working on a better way to display recent threads made visible in all forums so members have an idea as to what's going on in other parts of the site. For example, if we make a Tailgating/BBQ forum and someone posts a thread asking about their favorite smokers, people browsing the FFF should be able to see that along with a few other topics in the sidebar (not just recent threads made in the currently viewed forum). Note, I'll be excluding the controversial forums from this feature (e.g. political forum).

Thank y'all for being part of the best fan base in the country,

Sean

P.S. As tempting as the suggestion was, I did decide against setting up the system to issue Steel an automatic one week vacation after every post he makes.

Well done! Wes would be proud....I think!

Horny4TCU

If the thread is about BBQ and somehow the photo is topical and doesn't run afoul of the rule as it is written (not a suggestive pose, bathing suit isn't sheer, nothing showing, etc) then yes it would be considered acceptable. However, just throwing down a photo in the middle of a thread that has nothing to do with BBQ or bathing suits would be a violation of derailing the thread.
Sooo, no more bbq, but holding a football? She could have definitely gone to TCU, she passes our usual coed eye test...
2c54f66548e72b856e9db59e675e9750--sporty-girls-sexy-girls.jpg