• The KillerFrogs

OT: Tough day in Music...

Armadillo

That soundtrack from The Mission still blows me away. Ennio will be missed.

And yes, that Untouchables soundtrack is excellent too.

Btw, to make this a TCU related thread, thank you to Dr.Emmitt Smith. I took his Survey of Music class in 1990 as some throw away class, but he taught me the value of music. Classical, chamber, etc. Poor guy shared a name with a popular Dallas Cowboy. But he was an excellent professor. I know chamber and classical are different than Ennio Mooricone and soundtrack music, but he set the foundation, Dr Smith did. What an excellent professor. Opened my eyes to so much more.

froginmn

Btw, to make this a TCU related thread, thank you to Dr.Emmitt Smith. I took his Survey of Music class in 1990 as some throw away class, but he taught me the value of music. Classical, chamber, etc. Poor guy shared a name with a popular Dallas Cowboy. But he was an excellent professor. I know chamber and classical are different than Ennio Mooricone and soundtrack music, but he set the foundation, Dr Smith did. What an excellent professor. Opened my eyes to so much more.
Well, he was actually Emmet Smith, so he didn't share the spelling with Emmitt.

:)

ECoastFrog

You should see Dr. Smith's record for getting his TCU organ students into Fulbright scholarships. He is an excellent teacher. I don't know exactly how many TCU organists got Fulbrights, but it's a lot.

HFrog1999

We saw Charlie Daniels at Billy Bob’s. He put on a Hell of a show. He’s playing on that Golden Fiddle in Heaven now

RichWeeBlacklemur-size_restricted.gif