• The KillerFrogs

2021 Recruiting Thread

Eight

Saw him last week and will see again tomorrow. Tall, skinny, very protectable. 87-93 with signs of good CB/change up. In time he may be very good. Hasn't been pitching very long is my understanding.

can't really say how long he has pitched as anything i know is coming from the friend. do know they were really looking forward to their season this past spring and felt they had a legit shot at a state title.

son didn't play baseball so this is only based upon comments from friends, but i have been told the private league competition in that part of the gulf coast is very good.

HToady

i've always wondered which schools would benefit the most if kids were required to stay in their own backyards, i.e. 50 miles or less from their high schools...all three sports.

I think TCU would fare extremely well with the Southlakes, Arlingtons, and Dentons nearby.

SuperBarrFrog

i've always wondered which schools would benefit the most if kids were required to stay in their own backyards, i.e. 50 miles or less from their high schools...all three sports.

I think TCU would fare extremely well with the Southlakes, Arlingtons, and Dentons nearby.

if it was capped at 50 miles I’d think GA tech would be the biggest winner as UGA is 60 miles from Atlanta.

Froggish

if it was capped at 50 miles I’d think GA tech would be the biggest winner as UGA is 60 miles from Atlanta.

Anyone notice that the 3 schools immediately rattled off (TCU, GATech, and UH) as benefitting on a 50 mile cap are all schools littered with 4 and 5 Stars in their backyards that they can’t keep at home?

The defend the backyard recruiting style of 80s and 90s doesn’t really work any longer. The world is a smaller place and they mostly want to go somewhere new.

JockO de Frog

Anyone notice that the 3 schools immediately rattled off (TCU, GATech, and UH) as benefitting on a 50 mile cap are all schools littered with 4 and 5 Stars in their backyards that they can’t keep at home?

The defend the backyard recruiting style of 80s and 90s doesn’t really work any longer. The world is a smaller place and they mostly want to go somewhere new.
Very valid observation. At 18 I wanted away from home.

SuperBarrFrog

Mack Brown doing it right now at UNC.

CryptoMiner

Well UH with a definite handicap and GaTech has all those education requirements that get in the way. TCU should do better locally for sure but competing against big state schools is always going to be an issue.

HToady

if you look at states with strong high school programs, limited to a 50 mile cap Here are States with good programs and schools that would benefit:

Ohio -Ohio State
Pennsylvania - Penn State
Florida - UF and FSU
California - SC
Texas - Texas, TCU, SMU, Houston

States that suck:

Arkansas
Nebraska
Maryland
Oregon
Missouri

I don't know, what do you think?

netty2424

Anyone with an Athletic subscription see the article about a new helmet shield that’s designed to help reduce Covid droplets that TCU has ordered?

I wasn’t sure if it included any pictures in the article. It was behind the paywall.

Eight

Mack Brown doing it right now at UNC.

unc is also the school in that state, unc has had some very good seasons and a history of some great players, they have very good support for the program, mack had success there and established ties, and mack always has some very good recruiters on this staff.

Eight

if you look at states with strong high school programs, limited to a 50 mile cap Here are States with good programs and schools that would benefit:

Ohio -Ohio State
Pennsylvania - Penn State
Florida - UF and FSU
California - SC
Texas - Texas, TCU, SMU, Houston

States that suck:

Arkansas
Nebraska
Maryland
Oregon
Missouri

I don't know, what do you think?

miami? ucla? northwestern?

maryland sucking? you do realize how close they are to dc?

bama doesn't produce enough talent to keep two programs near the top

Last edited: