• The KillerFrogs

I'm not Wes, and I'm not Scott.

HG73

I sure hope my posts aren't banned and that boobs aren't against the rules. If they are, my days here are numbered fellas.

I'm totally pro mask...
a92a4d215299a03a3ac38db37fc83c83_width-600.jpg
More ass. Please.

illini_frog

I don't want to be a grumpy old man, but there are a lot of pop-up ads for me, significantly more than any other site I use, and that may be a thing that keeps better people from participating actively. Just two cents to help contribute productively.

Also a downvote system definitely leads to groupthink and that's something this board already struggles with, wouldn't recommend it.

BABYFACE

I don't want to be a grumpy old man, but there are a lot of pop-up ads for me, significantly more than any other site I use, and that may be a thing that keeps better people from participating actively. Just two cents to help contribute productively.

Also a downvote system definitely leads to groupthink and that's something this board already struggles with, wouldn't recommend it.

I don’t get any pop ups.

Armadillo

there are a lot of pop-up ads for me

I use chrome at my store. Zero pop ups with an ad blocker.

I use safari on my home desktop. Zero pops with an ad blocker.

I use my iPad on occasion. Zero pop ups with a content blocker.

I use my iPhone when mobile. Zero pop ups also with a content blocker.

Neither the ad blocker nor the content blocker took more than 30 seconds to install. Either, depending upon
Atform, are highly recommended. Pop ups are definitely not the issue on this board.

CryptoMiner

Seriously either sign up for a membership or put up with the popups. Its not some govt funded operation.

Hemingway

I realize the last several months of lockdown—coupled with the current political and cultural climate—has caused many rational, sane individuals to loose their sense of decency and ability to behave. We tried being understanding of these circumstances and during a lack of any relevant sports-related news allowed COVID related topics to bubble up on the FFF. But, many (ok all) just devolved into ridiculous political shouting matches. In recent weeks, the mods and I have tried to move threads and remove offensive posts as soon as we've seen them or had them reported. However, as we all have jobs and many posts go unreported, we're apparently unable to move quickly enough for some posters.

Over the last few weeks I've received a number of harassing and a few down right threatening messages from individuals upset about a post that wasn't immediately removed or a poster immediately banned. Until today I had never banned a single poster here on KillerFrogs; that was a task both Scott and Wes handled. In fact, over the years I had to talk Scott out of banning posters on several occasions (not just steel), while at the same time arguing with him about certain posters that he seemed to like having around, but were obvious bomb throwers.

During my time here on the board I've only ever played the support role. I made sure the lights stayed on, the coffee was warm, and kept the home fires burning. I didn't need to be reminded of this fact by more than one poster this last week. I understand everyone thinks Wes or Scott would have kicked poster A or B off the board the minute they said X or Y, but to be blunt I don't think any of you really know how difficult those decisions were to them, or just how hard it's been (with the exception of steel) ...

[I had a lot more written here and decided it was best to not include any of it]

Okay, so here is what is going to happen. First, it's my birthday this weekend and since I threatened to start handing out vacations I'm going to give one to myself for the next couple of days. I trust the mods that will check in to handle things as best as they can during that time.

Second, when I get back I'll be reviewing the board rules (which I did not write—counter to what someone claimed last week) and will discuss them with the mods. We will be enforcing the rules with both the warning system and vacations—if required. I'll be sure to explain all of this in a followup thread later so there aren't any misunderstandings as to why a thread got banished, a post wasn't deleted, or a poster is still around after a single infraction.

Finally, and this is only for the few individuals who sent some of those messages these last couple of weeks, please stop comparing me to my friends and telling me daily how much they would hate what I'm doing.

[This thread will be deleted when I get back]
Today I don’t think Scott or Wes would even recognize the world they left.